Gaining

Question for those more science minded

KnightOfCupcakes:
I am looking into heavy cream, and boy does it have a lot of calories. Now, buying it *consistently* may be an issue monetarily, but if I were to, say, by a carton or two and drink those calories in a day, what do yall think the effects would be? Good gains? Or too many side effects to warrant it?

Best spread it out. A lot of the calories held in the lipids will likely just pass through you if you just bomb half a gallon in 12 hours. Cream freezes and can be added to lots of stuff. If you’re trying to manage it for financial purposes, try freezing it in an ice cube bag/tray and adding it to smoothies, sauces, cakes etc as you make them.

Chugging a load of cream quickly will also likely result in a bit of an upset gut, especially if you’re not used to it.
2 years

My experience of cream is that half and half is waaay easier to digest. Like, I find that the same number of calories is easier to digest as half and half than as heavy cream.

My experience of half and half, in terms of dollars, was that it was best chugged, preferably after I was done eating for the day, or at a halfway point between meals.

Basically, it's so filling that my body just treated it as part of the daily caloric intake. Therefore, my gaining dollars went furthest if the cream was consumed at the end of the day, to ensure it was truly a supplement/excess of calories.

When I spread it throughout the day I just inadvertently adjusted my other eating to compensate.
2 years

If you want to be more science minded, then what you should do is massively spike your insulin and then consume heavy cream/fats.

To grossly oversimplify, insulin tells your body's cells to open up and accept what is in the bloodstream. This is why bodybuilders shoot insulin post-workout: after the shot they can slam supraphysiological amounts of protein into the cell.

But they must limit fats during this window because ALL cells are open including FAT cells. They'll get super fat quick.

A BBW feedee can use this same scientific phenomenon: spike insulin, and then pound fats.

So what you need to do is consume highly glycemic simple carbs like maltodextrin or dextrose (2x insulin release than table sugar). And then combine it with the heavy cream in the same feeding window.

The only thing that could get you fatter quicker is shooting insulin and drinking cream, or messing with your metabolism using drugs like Olanzapine.
2 years

Bicepsual:

To grossly oversimplify, insulin tells your body's cells to open up and accept what is in the bloodstream. This is why bodybuilders shoot insulin post-workout: after the shot they can slam supraphysiological amounts of protein into the cell.

Okay I’ve been trying to get to the bottom of this. I thought insulin *only* signaled cells to take up glucose, and that insulin itself did not have an effect on protein or fat uptake by cells?
2 years

greentrees8733:
Okay I’ve been trying to get to the bottom of this. I thought insulin *only* signaled cells to take up glucose, and that insulin itself did not have an effect on protein or fat uptake by cells?

Insulin shuttles 3 things into cells: amino acids, fatty acids & glucose. Protein and fats can't be shuttled from the bloodstream into the cell without insulin.

Protein is broken down into amino acids, fat into fatty acids and carbs into glucose.

Again, this is why insulin is the most abused drug in bodybuilding - why bodybuilders got 2x the size in the 90's compared to the 70-80's. You can eat all the protein you want; the bottleneck is getting it into the muscle cell. You need to dramatically increase insulin otherwise the amino acids are wasted/excreted or converted to glucose and stored as fat.
2 years

greentrees8733:

Bicepsual:
Insulin shuttles 3 things into cells: amino acids, fatty acids & glucose. Protein and fats can't be shuttled from the bloodstream into the cell without insulin.

Protein is broken down into amino acids, fat into fatty acids and carbs into glucose.

Again, this is why insulin is the most abused drug in bodybuilding - why bodybuilders got 2x the size in the 90's compared to the 70-80's. You can eat all the protein you want; the bottleneck is getting it into the muscle cell. You need to dramatically increase insulin otherwise the amino acids are wasted/excreted or converted to glucose and stored as fat.

So what your saying is dessert first correct?
2 years

Gainer4200:

No, a dessert is using table sugar. My point is that there are carbs that spike insulin way higher than table sugar.

What I'm proposing is more of a large shake that's comprised of a super highly glycemic carb such as scoops of maltodextrin or dextrose combined with a ton of fat: heavy cream/peanut butter/olive oil. Then add whatever flavors you prefer to it (chocolate, berries, etc)
2 years

Eirtae feedee:
If I use maltodextrin with heavy cream, what I’m going to get, more subcutaneous or visceral fat?

I’m looking to get subcutaneous fat.

Frankly, that's 100% genetic. You won't know until you start gaining. Most people get both.
2 years

Gainer4200:

Bicepsual:
No, a dessert is using table sugar. My point is that there are carbs that spike insulin way higher than table sugar.

What I'm proposing is more of a large shake that's comprised of a super highly glycemic carb such as scoops of maltodextrin or dextrose combined with a ton of fat: heavy cream/peanut butter/olive oil. Then add whatever flavors you prefer to it (chocolate, berries, etc)

Eirtae feedee:
If I use maltodextrin with heavy cream, what I’m going to get, more subcutaneous or visceral fat?

I’m looking to get subcutaneous fat.

I’d avoid mixing maltodextrin and cream in the same shake. I tried it and it became a gloopy nightmare. I have used both separately, though. Mixing 100g of maltodextrin with 500ml water works well.
2 years

HanSelo:
I’d avoid mixing maltodextrin and cream in the same shake. I tried it and it became a gloopy nightmare. I have used both separately, though. Mixing 100g of maltodextrin with 500ml water works well.
Yeah, it's not going to be a Dairy Queen shake haha. But it's pointless without adding a fat. The calories and fat come from fat. Maltodextrin is not going to make you fat. I drink 3 shakes a day with maltodextrin and I'm 10% BF because I avoid mixing maltodextrin with fats.

If you wanna be fat. You gotta consume fat. It literally has over double the calories per gram than anything else including sugar.
2 years
12   loading