Artists and animators

For fat art, do you prefer fanart or original characters?

This is something that's been on my mind for a while. I love artwork of fat women, and I love fanart of my favorite franchises, but I'm rarely fond of artwork depicting fat versions of my favorite characters. It's difficult for me to explain why, but I suppose it feels a bit... exploitative to reduce well-written, even complex, characters to fetish fuel. It certainly doesn't help that most of the time, these characters' circumstances make weight gain pretty unlikely. I find OCs are more interesting and lack these burdens, so I tend to enjoy them more.
I don't know, maybe my explanations on this are inadequate, but it's definitely a preference I have. I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts.
2 years

I have OC's for my pregnancy fetish art (Not exactly fat but similar).

The appeal of OC's is being able to make exactly what you want! Like if dark nail polish turns you on boom done add that too, and it went from a simple fetish piece to all of your desires.
2 years

CuddlesMcBK:
This is something that's been on my mind for a while. I love artwork of fat women, and I love fanart of my favorite franchises, but I'm rarely fond of artwork depicting fat versions of my favorite characters. It's difficult for me to explain why, but I suppose it feels a bit... exploitative to reduce well-written, even complex, characters to fetish fuel. It certainly doesn't help that most of the time, these characters' circumstances make weight gain pretty unlikely. I find OCs are more interesting and lack these burdens, so I tend to enjoy them more.
I don't know, maybe my explanations on this are inadequate, but it's definitely a preference I have. I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts.

I feel the same. I think there are some characters and IPs that are basically considered some feedist/expansionist canon one way or another but something completely unrelated, I just can't do. It's easier for me to consume fanart if I am not already familiar with the source material.

I also loathe celebrity morphs for this reason. It just crosses a serious line for me.
2 years

I prefer OCs for weight gain art personally. What little art I do is always my characters.
2 years

Gimmie those OCs. Agree with what’s been said about characters already being connected to something else and this kink not being part of it.

Some artists do a really great job at creating their own universe of characters that interact with one another, all which feel like they belong there.
2 years

I love all art but honestly I really enjoy all the fanart I've received recently. Both of me as I am and me imagined larger. I also like seeing fanart of other people, the fantasy of what they could be or even just admiring the talent of the artist.
2 years

For fetish art I always prefer OC; established characters used for a fetish—esp those who are canonically minors—just feels creepy.

For non-fetish fat art, I appreciate both.

I do like seeing fan art of people who’ve consented to it tho (eg an artist’s take on a feedee/gainer at a larger size)
2 years

98% of the time I prefer fat art with OCs original characters.

I do like a lot of fanart, but I always feel a little weird about creating and seeing fat art of characters that aren't mine.

However, if I do end up liking a character who is canonically fat, then every picture of them is a wonderful treat!
2 years

I would prefer the original characters over fan art because its simple no over work on the characters no other modification added, its perfect and has a great quality Concrete paving Iowa City Iowa
1 year

I prefer both, is there anyone that can make one for me to use for some stories
1 year
12   loading