General

An abundance of fake profiles.

BlackjackandBerries:
I'm noticing an uptick in fake female catfish profiles trying to pursue me lately. They are most definitely men pretending to be women to try and seek out lesbians. I think that its incredibly disturbing and it needs to stop.

I'm a lesbian. Stop playing pretend. You will never have me.

Has anyone else noticed this happening to them as well?

Men pretending to be women seeking out lesbians?
That doesn't seem to make sense.
I mean what good is it going to do him in the end, lesbians aren't interested in guys.

I see those shouts and posts and just don't pay any attention to them.
I get my share of guys wanting a hook up then when I call them out on it they get mad at me.
After all it says right in my profile I am not here for a hook up but then again most men never read a girls profile. lol
2 years

Ditzy:
I see those shouts and posts and just don't pay any attention to them.

^ Yes. Fastest and easiest way to handle it.

I get my share of guys wanting a hook up then when I call them out on it they get mad at me.

It is disturbing how rampant overdeveloped senses of entitlement are in society, unfortunately especially amongst het men. I do admit having some of that years ago, until more clearly understanding that no one owes me anything beyond basic civility to the degree they choose to interact with me—and same the other way around.

No wonder (in general) women don’t respond: the probability of hostility is extremely high no matter what her answer. And every non-response is time not wasted: saved for productive life activities.

After all it says right in my profile I am not here for a hook up but then again most men never read a girls profile. lol

I’ve had a sample of this since putting up a femme-presenting avatar pic here on FF. It’s eye-opening, and in my case usually amusing.
2 years

Soooo many, I can usually tell which ones are catfish but some of them are getting pretty good! I've changed my profile to say I'm a gainer and I like mutual gaining. However, I still get some of them messaging me asking me to send them money for food lol. Nope!
2 years

C00kie who usually runs the FF Team account has been off this last week and it really makes a difference when she’s not hear. Just goes to show how much she does working in the background to keep these scammers off the site.
2 years

Maybe we should prevent it somehow before it even happens. If possible.
1 year

You’ll know when it’s Real.
1 year

Idk if it works for others on here but I just don't respond to someones little "hey" message if they're new to this site, and ignore for a while and check back to see if they have left, had a couple of them on here do that to me and try to get some quick cash, they most likely found someone else to steal money from or lost complete interest.
1 year

Malculus:
Idk if it works for others on here but I just don't respond to someones little "hey" message if they're new to this site, and ignore for a while and check back to see if they have left, had a couple of them on here do that to me and try to get some quick cash, they most likely found someone else to steal money from or lost complete interest.

I've definitely gotten a few messages from people more so looking for money. Especially feabie. I can usually tell as they don't read my profile and assume I'm here to hook up or again they are hoping for money. They usually lose interest quick when you don't go along with either sending money or fawning all over them. Whether it's people from outside the community looking for a few bucks or to take advantage. People from in the community looking for the same or scammers pretending to be something they aren't. No matter who you are, just take it slow and be careful. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.
1 year

Half of my "viewed profile" notifs have left the site by the time I check them, and I'm on here a lot.
1 year

Yeah, I've been getting some lately too. It's strange, I'm hardly ever active.
1 year
12   loading