Lifestyle tips

When is the time to use a bariatric cane?

Hi!

I've been gaining quite quickly over the last year (literally over 80lbs in a year) and on top of that, my muscles have been starting to atrophy slightly from the testosterone blockers and the estrogen I've been taking for the past 7-8 months (and also the lack of exercise).

I'm currently a little over 310lbs and 5'6" , my legs have been hurting somewhat significantly whenever I go up or down the stairs, stay up for too long and even more whenever I wake up from sleeping.

I haven't been finding any proper answers online so I thought I should ask people who know better about this (other than my doctor since I'm pretty embarrassed for asking him this kind of thing at kind of a young age).

Needing a cane because of my obesity has always been a feederism goal for me. So I'm reaaallly curious about knowing if I'm much closer to this "dream" more than I might realize.

Thanks for reading!
2 years

So, as with any mobility aid, the correct time to start using one is when you feel like you need one. I've met 500 pounders with no mobility issues and had friends whose weight became an issue at like 250 because of bad knees. So if it's an issue for you use one.

If you're too embarrassed to ask your doctor about it you can buy one on Amazon, probably in the $30-40 range (depends on what you want style wise)
2 years

Eirtae feedee:
Maybe you can buy one and go out for a walk?
Please explain us your feelings.
I have a cane in the closet, maybe I use it one day.

It's mostly one of these big milestones for me when it comes to being a feedee, especially for one with somewhat ambitious goals. My back and my legs have been hurting in some situations ever since I've put on so much weight in such little time. So I'm really starting to wonder if I should start using one to prevent it from getting worse or if I should wait for it to be more "important".
2 years

Can I suggest going ahead and getting one? If you start using it immediately that's awesome, if you decide to wait til you need it more that's up to you. But you'll have it in the event that you do wake up one morning and realize that you could really use it today and not a few days from now when Amazon gets it to you. Not being able to get around well sucks even if it is also hot as hell.
2 years

Nursing an injury required me to get one. I opted for a bariatric cane as the 4 prongs offer more support and allow me to pause and pace my walking better. It does come in handy as people hold doors and are more patient seeing me with this cane than assume I'm just walking slow and let elevator or entry doors close.
2 years