Lifestyle tips

Like to get fat. but i hate heartburn

One word: Prilosec. Any of the proton pump inhibitor drugs would be very helpful. I’ve gotten as fat as 440 pounds and as long as I took Prilosec every day, I could eat whatever I wanted.
2 years

There are several other inhibitor style heartburn medications. I'm currently on one due to acid reflux.

Many "OTC" brands contain the same medications as the prescription drugs do.
2 years

I highly recommend zinc L carnosine (also sold as gastric soothe on Amazon).

I had a stomach ulcer years ago (overuse of NSAIDS) and proton pump inhibitors (omeprazole, proliosac) fucked me up. They actually make it so that your body is no longer able to produce the acid that breaks down food in your stomach. It may cause temporary relief, but these meds can cause long term damage that can mess up your digestive system.

Japan has been using zinc l carnosine with great success for over 20 years.

More info here:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7146259/

Aloe vera juice is also great for instant relief from heartburn.
2 years

TheWickedOne:

I had a stomach ulcer years ago (overuse of NSAIDS) and proton pump inhibitors (omeprazole, proliosac) fucked me up. They actually make it so that your body is no longer able to produce the acid that breaks down food in your stomach. It may cause temporary relief, but these meds can cause long term damage that can mess up your digestive system.

More info here:

This is great info, thank you. Do you know if it has to be plain aloe or if it can be flavored? I've been worried that I'm taking far too many tums.
2 years

My problem is my feet. When I have too much sugar, or when I eat crustaceans especially, my feet swells up smiley my cardiologist prescribed pantoprazole for heartburn. If you don’t have anything with you though, baking soda works wonders.
2 years

Iamgettingfat:
One word: Prilosec. Any of the proton pump inhibitor drugs would be very helpful. I’ve gotten as fat as 440 pounds and as long as I took Prilosec every day, I could eat whatever I wanted.

Gainingrealfat16:
thanks i will buy it!! wow 440 what a dream!!! I hope I can be that too

I take a generic Prylosec every morning. You can get it by prescription and it is very cheap. It is called Omerprazole. Keeps my heartburn in check and I can eat what I want all day long. I am 285 lbs. with a 61" belly and it works.
2 years

Gaviscon works almost instantly when you get heartburn. Gone in 60 seconds!
2 years

TheWickedOne:

More info here:

That sounds like something to try! I've started taking Lansoprazole long term for acid reflux largely caused by a displacement of a part of the stomach tract and the med worries me, despite the doc assuring it's fine even for long term. Still wondering about that tho...
1 year

Thanks again for the Zinc L Carnosine recommendation. Pretty good paper that shows this should be perfectly safe.

Found it labelled just as such - the "gastric soothe" ones seemed to be a wider combination - but careful not to pick the natural L-Carnosine, which is not the same compound.

I'll try it instead of my usual *prazole, will be amazing if this keeps the acids at bay just as well.
1 year

TheWickedOne:

More info here:

also try 2 table spoons of apple cider vinager in 16 oz of water maybe more water dilute as needed, it works every time
11 months