General

College weight

Ditzy:
That is amazing it took me years to gain that much.
BTW how are you doing? Been a long time.

I agree.., it has been a long time. Jazzman was one of the first to get me started gaining. Ditzy has also been a good friend as well.
2 years

College weight

Ditzy:
That is amazing it took me years to gain that much.
BTW how are you doing? Been a long time.

I agree.., it has been a long time. Jazzman was one of the first to get me started gaining. Ditzy has also been a good friend as well.
2 years

College weight

Ditzy:
120 in one year?
yep in 1 year and i wasnt even trying
2 years

College weight

College does a body good! The high-stress, sedentary lifestyle coupled with fast food really fosters weight gain.

It seems the Covid shutdown and remote work is taking a similar toll. Many remote workers are also college grads, and with the delivery apps it's so easy to order in.

It's like a weight gain double whammy.
2 years

College weight

Since the spring semester is coming to and end, I wanna know how fat some students got lol and what they think, especially being a college student, made them pile on the pounds
1 year

College weight

I won’t lie when there’s a lot of work to do you don’t have time to cook, which leads to a lot, and I mean A LOT of fast food. It’s inevitable that you start to get pudgier😅
1 year

College weight

During my 4.5 years in college, I think I put on around 75 pounds. It was a lot of fun.
1 year

College weight

After giving this topic some thought, yes college attendees today are indeed heavier than their counterparts from prior generations. But has anyone noticed those in their early-20s becoming fatter in general?

Many cashiers and other workers in my local Dollar Tree, Stop&Shop, and Walmart for example are young but not likely to be college students. This much I deduced from seeing them at work when class would be in session. They seem much heavier than their predecessors from about 20 years ago.

This makes me wonder if college attendance is simply coincidental to weight gain. Could the real culprits be a combination of factors such as poor diet, antidepressant use, video games, and social media?

Also cigarette use is down significantly among this demographic. Nicotine being a stimulant often helped keep the weight off.
1 year

College weight

Nearly everybody's getting fatter. COVID certainly helped a lot of people be lazier, and inertia is carrying people towards getting heavier.
1 year

College weight

newenglander:
After giving this topic some thought, yes college attendees today are indeed heavier than their counterparts from prior generations. But has anyone noticed those in their early-20s becoming fatter in general?

Many cashiers and other workers in my local Dollar Tree, Stop&Shop, and Walmart for example are young but not likely to be college students. This much I deduced from seeing them at work when class would be in session. They seem much heavier than their predecessors from about 20 years ago.

This makes me wonder if college attendance is simply coincidental to weight gain. Could the real culprits be a combination of factors such as poor diet, antidepressant use, video games, and social media?

Also cigarette use is down significantly among this demographic. Nicotine being a stimulant often helped keep the weight off.

I mean, they may be in class. Online, weekend, and night classes are also options. There's also Summer classes, accelerated classes, ect. So, that alone isn't the best way to judge if they are students or not.

That being said, you are probably right about the reasons. But also high levels of stress, the inability to buy quality food, not having the time or the energy to exercise, etc.

The reasons are about as long as my arm.
1 year
123   loading