Gaining

Gainers do you like weight goals or is gaining a side effect to your feeding?

As a feeder, I like setting weight goals with a gainer. Are yall goal oriented or just down to eat and stuff and weight gain is just a cause and effect?

If you are goal oriented is it lbs goals or body goals or both?
2 years

I'd have to say it's about the gaining for me. I do enjoy eating, and the two go hand in hand for me. I do set goals for myself. When I first started trying to gain I was 160, so I set a goal of 180. After that I set my sights on the big 200. As I grew larger I started to appreciate how big my gut was getting. Now I love watching the numbers on the scale go up and seeing my body getting fatter.
2 years

I like to have more ideas of goals if that makes sense. Since idk how my body will react to gaining. Size goals vs lbs/kg goals are also a good thing to consider since weight definitely looks different depending on the person.
Generally though, having short term goals and long terms goals while gaining helps a lot especially if there's not much encouragement or results 😅
2 years

Bittybelly:
I like to have more ideas of goals if that makes sense. Since idk how my body will react to gaining. Size goals vs lbs/kg goals are also a good thing to consider since weight definitely looks different depending on the person.
Generally though, having short term goals and long terms goals while gaining helps a lot especially if there's not much encouragement or results 😅
You make a great point about weight looking different on every person. So far I'm happy with how extra weight looks. Believe me, if I didn't like how it looked, my days as a gainer would be over. To your last point I find results to be a slow process. Simply put, getting fat takes a lot of work, especially with only negative comments in the real world. So yes, moderate goals is a must.
2 years

I'm on a goals oriented path. While I do enjoy food. I would never gain anything if food was the focus. Before gaining I normally ate very little. Alwaya being on the skinny side of things. For me to gain what I have I really really had to work at it. Food is just a means to an end.
My wife and I have a mutual gaining relationship. Although she is way ahead of me. She is at about 300lbs and we are wanting the same for me. So that's basically our long term goal. But I also have short term ones. I had one at 190 which was the highest weight I have ever been. The next goal is 200. Then after that I guess I'll see how it goes. smiley best wishes to all!
2 years

As a feeder I prefer BEHAVIOR goals.

Weight and eating come naturally when you change their daily behavior.
2 years

Hm... kind of both?

It started off as weight and body goals for me. I suppose besides arbitrary numbers, I just love the idea of eventually becoming heavier and larger than the average American man. Weight and size goals are still important to me.

But ever since I started gaining, you know.. I actually like and look forward to eating now. Now I have another reason to gain more - it should increase my appetite and capacity so I can eat more. It's a wonderful, lovely cycle. The more I eat, the more I gain. The more I gain, the more I can eat, and the more enjoyment I can get each time. I even have certain eating/stuffing goals that I want to be able to achieve.

I also love the idea of how I've slowly been adopting fat behaviors. I don't like to run quickly or rush, which is getting harder anyway. So I'd just have to make sure I have enough time to walk, or if I get to a certain point, waddle to wherever I need to be. Even if it means using basic project management principles to plan ahead. I've also been starting to snack a little more often than before. I look forward to when the snacking becomes almost automatic, and I start planning ahead to make sure I have enough.
2 years

I like food, but I don't like stuffing myself. Feeling too full just makes me nauseous. On top of that, I'm a hard gainer. For me, gaining is very much an intentional act. It doesn't just happen. I have to put effort into it.

I like having both weight goals and body goals. I'm very grateful for learning about the wonders of heavy whipping cream. I always wanted the soft, squishy, subcutaneous fat. Heavy whipping cream made that happen for me.
2 years