Lifestyle tips

Gaining with the help of your own hormones and supplements

Very informative. I will try some of your suggestions, thank you for posting this.
2 years

safwh:
My understanding of this stuff is that a lot of the weight related health problems are due to excess visceral, not subcutaneous fat. And avoiding insulin resistance is key to minimizing visceral fat gain. I’ve seen exercise, intermittent fasting, and avoiding high glycemic carbs as ways to lower insulin. Along with metformin and pioglitazone. Is there any way to promote subcutaneous fat gain rather than just minimizing visceral? I’ve heard sumo wrestlers have lots of subcutaneous fat due to high levels of physical activity then once they stop working out they start to get the obesity health problems. Not sure how true this is though. Have also seen research pointing to pioglitazone as possibly promoting creation of new fat cells through up regulating ppar-y gamma which has something to do with lipogenesis

User BecomingOverweight has many posts on this forum about the differences of Viseceral and Subcutaneous fat. I believe dairy had something in it that helped reduce visceral fat. Do a search for him and his research should be easy to find. Best of luck!
2 years

Thanks for posting this, MuffinLover. I'm neither a feedee nor a feeder, but I appreciate such information in the sense that it provides people who want to gain an opportunity to understand the risks/benefits/lifestyle changes, etc. of doing so, and advice on doing it in a safe manner.
2 years

Thanks for the post! Do you have any recommendations for the probiotics? I'm glad more people are looking into the mechanics of weight gain
1 year