Lifestyle tips

Gaining wait is expensive

Burstfrenchie:
Hi guys just a question from a broken student who is new to all that, do you have any tips on how to gain weight when you don’t have that much money for all of it? I would really like to finally gain more weight I really enjoy food and stuffing myself to be full to the point where it hurts my belly

Pasta is a good cheap source of calories. Have it cold with oil rich dressings in the summer, have it warm with cream, cheese and butter based toppings in the cooler months.

Always try but in bulk. I don’t know about where you are but larger uk supermarkets usually stock 3-5kg bags of penne fusilli and spaghetti on lower shelves.
2 years

The food with the most calories per dollar is flour. Learn to bake something simple (try Australian damper!) for super-cheap carbs.
2 years

Gaining quickly can be quite expensive (a lot of extra food, larger clothes), but gaining more slowly is a lot cheaper.

Start paying attention to the calories in your food (read labels when buying, educate yourself on what sorts of food have more calories) and make higher calorie choices, which are not always much more expensive. Can also add some calories fairly cheaply (add a little extra oil when cooking, and on vegetables, etc). Look for opportunities for free food (like when someone offers you something to eat, say yes!). A lot of this comes down to planning and discipline, just like people need to lose weight on a 'reducing diet' you need to think about what you are going to eat and how to add calories on your 'growth diet'.

Gaining more slowly means that as you regularly get new clothes you can size up, and so not be forced to buy as many extra clothes.

Slow gain may be frustrating, but think of this: if you can gain 10kg a year, in five years that is 50kg which is a huge gain!

Good luck, and I hope you can continue to see your body grow to more how you want it to be.
2 years