Lifestyle tips

Fat point of no return

My observation is that once you get to 40 percent body fat it is very hard to get lean again. That would be a 250 pounder with 150 lean body mass. At that point you’d have quadrupled your fat cells, and would have metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance and all the bad blood chemistry that comes with it.
2 years

Fat point of no return

I kind of wonder how a scale could ever possibly determine that.

Some online calculators estimate that I'm at around 27%, which of course could be wildly wrong, but I haven't quite gotten to the point yet where it's easier to gain than to lose.
2 years

Fat point of no return

Not sure about a scale determining point of no return, though for some people who are set in their ways, patterns and eating habits (if it applies) high 300s-400s is very hard to go back to under 300 or 250 without a dramatic life change or alternate methods. More so, if you already feel comfortable or around enablers who do so unintentionally.
2 years

Fat point of no return

NYCBellyBlimp:
Not sure about a scale determining point of no return, though for some people who are set in their ways, patterns and eating habits (if it applies) high 300s-400s is very hard to go back to under 300 or 250 without a dramatic life change or alternate methods. More so, if you already feel comfortable or around enablers who do so unintentionally.

I totally concur with this. After a point, you sort of just give into it because it will take way too effort to even get back down below 300
2 years