Lifestyle tips

Sweating down there?

I've put on about 25lbs over the last couple of months and I've noticed that I sweat in the crotch/inner-thigh area much more now.

This has occasionally caused me to develop mild rashes that are very annoying.

I've been using baby powder a LOT, even at night after I shower before sleep, but by the time I wake up I'm not as dry as I'd like to be.

Any advice on how to deal with this?
2 years

Sweating down there?

One thing I do is make sure to dry that area off with toilet paper every time I use the toilet.
2 years

Sweating down there?

You might achieve better results with corn starch based baby powder versus talc. I'm not certain if it's available in Canada. While traveling, we were shocked to discover it's not available in Europe!
2 years

Sweating down there?

newenglander:
You might achieve better results with corn starch based baby powder versus talc. I'm not certain if it's available in Canada. While traveling, we were shocked to discover it's not available in Europe!

Can second this. The wife uses a corn starch based one we get sent from family in the USA. Oddly J&J seem to have kept the whole talc cancer thing away from the press here.
2 years

Sweating down there?

If you can’t find a talc-free body powder, making your own is super easy!

3/4 cup arrowroot powder or cornstarch
1/4 cup kaolin clay (aka cosmetic clay)
2 tsp zinc oxide powder
Your favorite fragrance or essential oil blend (optional)

Sift the first three ingredients together. Take a cotton pad or cotton ball and put a decent amount of fragrance on it, I usually use about a mL of perfume. Put half your powder into a glass jar, add the cotton, and add the rest of the powder. Put the lid on tight, give it a good shake, and let it sit for a couple days. Once the powder smells good, dump it into a shaker bottle (I use one from a kitchen supply store). Fish the cotton out, throw it away, and put the shaker lid on. That’s it!

The zinc oxide serves as a deodorizer. I tried powder without it, and it worked to keep me dry but did nothing for the smell. If your skin is okay with baking soda you can use that, but baking soda is a skin irritant. I got my zinc oxide from Amazon, I’ve also seen it at online cosmetic/bath & body/soap making suppliers. Kaolin clay can be found either on Amazon or at any cosmetic ingredient supplier. Arrowroot starch or cornstarch comes from the grocery store.

I’m a serial hobbyist and DIYer, so I started making my own powder just to see if I could. It’s quite nice to have powder scented exactly the way I like it, I hate the scent of baby powder!
2 years

Sweating down there?

Gold Bond Medicated powder. They have a version for sensitive skin. Keep baby wipes on hand. Underwear that allows for your skin to breathe would be most ideal, vs others that trap in heat and moisture.
2 years

Sweating down there?

All of the various powders certainly help. When I started to gain a few years ago I switched from boxers to boxer briefs for underwear. I like the stretchy kind. I noticed that helped with some of my sweating issues.
2 years

Sweating down there?

NYCBellyBlimp:
Gold Bond Medicated powder. They have a version for sensitive skin. Keep baby wipes on hand. Underwear that allows for your skin to breathe would be most ideal, vs others that trap in heat and moisture.

Yes! I use the same powder on my undercarriage and it’s awesome :-)
2 years

Sweating down there?

I wear briefs for comfort, cotton works well for me and quickly dries out. I do have some nylon briefs which are great to keep the waist band being dragged down on by butt, however they don’t breath. I don’t wear them in warm weather or when I know I will get warm and sweat a lot.
2 years

Sweating down there?

My wife sweats under her big fat lower belly. We use the gold bond powder. It works the Best
2 years