Food and recipes

Deep fryer recommendations

windfarm27:
I want to buy a new deep fryer that's going to be big enough to feed a family of 4, will be easy to clean, and easy to store in a broom closet. Any recommendations?

Well, I know this is going to sound counter productive, but I like my air fryer. A deep fryer is so difficult to clean, oil gets everywhere, and then the smell lingers, and then eventually you will want to change the oil.
2 years

You can deep fry in a large stock pot on the stove. The walls of the pot will be tall enough to stop oil from jumping out and it's easier to clean than a fryer with a basket. If you want to save the oil you can just cover it with the lid so dust doesn't get in there. But don't reuse it too many times--when it starts to darken in color, replace it. For fishing the finished food out of the pot, get a large metal strainer or slotted spoon. Happy cooking and happy feeding!
2 years

I have a family of 4 and I have a fry daddy. It’s small and does the job. Easy to clean and store.
2 years

We have both a deep fryer and an air fryer but love the former! The air fryer kind of dehydrates the meat and makes it taste a bit dry, although it’s more convenient, but I don’t think it’s any healthier. 😂
2 years