Story authors

Story fatige

I've been keeping up with a decently long story for a while now, but over the past couple months I have lacked motivation/inspiration with what to do next. I still love the characters and world I've created, but I am just kinda like "now what".

I know this is common among our fetish writing realm since often these stories are not designed with a good arc in mind. I come up with a fun concept that I can pour over for a while, but eventually lose plot/interest. I try my best to hash things out more fully, but alas I am only human and get detracted by the fats. Anyone else experience this? Any tips to overcome it?
2 years

Story fatige

My computer is filled with unfinished stories where I have lost motivation to continue in just the same way that you describe. That is why I never start posting any of my work on here until I have completed the entire thing.

In all honesty, starting a story is easy, but finishing it is incredibly hard work. We write them to describe and fantasise about the fat gains, but it's not as if life stops the moment your character reaches their goal weight. There has to be something else; something more to it that signifies the ending of the story. Finding that is extremely difficult, and the reason why many gainer fictions never reach the finish line.

I've found that, rather than letting the weight gain drive the story, it's the other conflicts that have to be the deciding factor on the direction the story takes and, ultimately, where you finish the story.

I would suggest that you take a fresh look at the other themes you've developed in your work and decide how you want to resolve these. Re-read your first chapter and see how you can tie it together into the ending you want to create. Once you know that, the next steps to get there should be much clearer to you.
2 years

Story fatige

Honestly, I'd suggest coming up with an outline for an entire story before you post it in the future. I'm a professional writer that just kinda lurks here (I don't really have a desire to write fic, but like reading it) and I like to at least know what my endgame is before publishing a story, that way I don't run out of material half-way through.

Also, as much as you love your characters, a story has to end sometime. I've been reading Emily's ability, and I honestly think it might be time to bring it to an end. If you want a suggestion for a conclusion, have her accidentally unlock the secret to how she can fatten herself and make that take her ability away. Then she can live happily ever after. Or maybe everyone becomes thin again except her and her friends have to fatten up all over again and then they live happily ever after.

Later, if you think up more stories for the same characters, write a sequel!

But, from my experience, planning is really the only way to avoid writers fatigue.
2 years

Story fatige

I feel you, I outline obsessively and this still happens to me. Sometimes it helps me to take a break from an ongoing story to work on a one shot or even a non-writing project, so later on I can return to my story with fresh eyes.
2 years

Story fatige

I don't get story fatigue so much as I have to be in a certain mood to write. I was working on a happy comedy but I've soured on this site and the Syndicate as a whole so much I'm not happy enough to finish it.
2 years

Story fatige

I discovered long ago that I just don't have the right makeup to be a great writer in the genre that I love. I have been a consumer since 2000 with Dimensions and have read the legends there like Bell and Barbers .As a fan I have tried writing here and even have a story percolating in my brain right now.
Try as I may I end up with too many characters. Gains at the edge of usual probability. ( although Always based on the best I have observed). Never ever enough self reflection and real character development. I get plenty of views and likes. But I don't have the gift like Swordfish from Dimensions ( and recently Curvage) or some of my friends commenting on this thread. My two longest stories went on and both spun out of control. Wasting some promising characters and good concepts .
I think the concepts mentioned on outlining the arc and publishing after completing the entire story are right on point!
2 years

Story fatige

Writing a synopsis/outline for yourself at the onset of a story I think is the best way to get to the end of a draft. Everyone has their own methods I suppose. I actually write mine out like a numbered list (EX: 1. guy meets girl, 2. they go on a date, 3. they live happily ever after... etc.)

That said, its still easy to lose momentum on a project. When that happens for me, more often than not I end up abandoning the project, and I never put anything if I don't already have a beginning, middle and end for my story that is at least adequately satisfying.
2 years

Story fatige

All great advice, thanks for the responses.

I often do have little outlines for my stories, but without concrete endings. Just little steps or different scenarios of which I can hop from one to the next. Obviously knowing where you’re going with an ending would help a ton, but sometimes I like just writing a character or storyline and seeing where it takes me. New ideas can pop up that I might not have originally had planned. I think this would be fine if it wasn’t coupled with my enjoyment of the instant gratification/feedback when posting a new chapter. Once it’s posted then it’s out there and you can only keep building on chapter after chapter for so long without an end game.

I agree with needing to find an ending for Emily to reach. I’m gonna focus on what that might be and how to get there and see if that helps bring things together.
2 years

Story fatige

If I may - I think you sort of painted yourself into a hole by abandoning your central premise. Every time she sleeps with someone, they get fatter - but then, why hasn’t her boyfriend gotten enormous? Has she learned how to make subtle changes? Can she reverse the process?

A few chapters ago it just sort of morphed into another story about a fat threesome. Which is great and all but the main reason you’re probably feeling lost is that you let go of the promise of the premise.

Either way, thanks for writing such awesome stuff!
2 years

Story fatige

You absolutely may and I think you’ve hit on something important with the premise. It started as one thing, but then I grew to love the characters and wanted to explore them more and that starting premise didn’t allow for that as much so I kinda veered off course. It was a fun veer, but yeah def hopped off the foundation of what I was building initially and now I’m kinda grasping to get back there both motivation wise and story arc. Good observation.
2 years
12   loading