Lifestyle tips

Cars for 400lb plus

MadameMorfale:
BMW 5 to 7 are quite spacious to all sides.

or how about a Cadillac Escalade?
1 year

Cars for 400lb plus

MadameMorfale:
BMW 5 to 7 are quite spacious to all sides.

Scoooter:
or how about a Cadillac Escalade?

I’m not sure about the newer generations. I know I sat in an old first gen Escalade and had to move the seat up to touch the pedestal. I was impressed by that.
1 year

Cars for 400lb plus

Lynne841:
In only have a tiny bit of experience with this at just 270 but my Ford Ranger is getting to be a tight squeeze. My everyday driver is now a Subaru and much preferable to climbing out of a tiny 4 cylinder Civic. Although the emergency brake digs into my leg a little from dumb position on console that would otherwise be perfect.

Test drove a Ford escape, hard no before even leaving the lot. The console is raised up 2 inches beside the seat, and the window controls on door have no reason to stick out quite that far. Even well under 300 I felt squished and my hips jammed between... I'm not very bottom heavy.
I've heard that Fusions and most Honda are fairly roomy for sedans.

The GF drove my extended cab ranger well into the 400s, just had to put blocks on the pedals since she had to have the seat all the way back. We went to the junkyard and tested out a bunch of stuff. The tenth generation F150 (97-03) was the most roomy for her. She's now over 500 and still manages to fit, albeit with the same pedal trick from the danger ranger
1 year

Cars for 400lb plus

GMC suv and crossovers are a favorite
1 year

Cars for 400lb plus

I see my old post is still going, and that was 10 or more months ago, gee I was talking if I was 420, I am now 513 in one year I forgot I gained that much go figure. But I just fit in the same car just. Goes to show that they can take more than you expect.
1 year

Cars for 400lb plus

Bigwideland:
I see my old post is still going, and that was 10 or more months ago, gee I was talking if I was 420, I am now 513 in one year I forgot I gained that much go figure. But I just fit in the same car just. Goes to show that they can take more than you expect.

They can. I have a Kia Soul Sport and I am well over 430 and even though my subcutaneous fat gut rubs the steering wheel; I have to lean my seats back just to drive. I am lucky that I have really long arms. Lol
1 year

Cars for 400lb plus

Andromeda:
Following this as I'm currently very uncomfortable in my Nissan Altima, and regardless of how I tilt the steering wheel, it brushes my belly unless I slide the seat all the way back, in which case I can't reach the pedals. My sides are also squished against the door. I think my issue is being quite short (5'0 to 5'1"smiley and round (63" tummy) with short legs.

If you can test drive a Hyundai Santa Fe definitely plus size friendly.
1 year

Cars for 400lb plus

I assume an SUV is a given, because getting down that low at that weight would not be comfy several times per day.

I drive a Mercedes GLE and there is quite a lot of room. A friend of mine is 5'4 and 500lbs and drives a Jeep Grand Cherokee.
4 months

Cars for 400lb plus

We're going the van route, because I can no longer move enough in my Camry to be safe. At some point, I also need a lift for my scooter. I didn't see myself in a minivan before the age of 30, but they're so nice inside, and I'll be able to get in and out easily as well.
4 months

Cars for 400lb plus

Honda Odyssey.
4 months
1234   loading