Gaining

Has anyone here gotten results from hypnosis?

Has anyone here gotten results from hypnosis and would you recommend it? I've searched hypnosis in the forums but it wasn't about whether it was effective for weight gain or not and most of the people who were in the posts which most of them are old are now inactive.
2 years

I have tried it for smoking and drinking and no effect whatsoever.
That was years ago tho'.
I did quit both cold turkey.
2 years

Hypnosis with pizza or pasta tends to work nicely :-)
2 years

It’s really hit or miss for me. I’ve had some good experiences with it (but never sought long term effects), but tbh I’ve had more fails than successes (I struggle with both hypnosis and meditation). The more you do it the more reliable it comes, and you definitely gotta be in the right head space.

I’ve only found a few feedism oriented files with voices I like, and most of them are also geared for someone who wants to be submissive, which isn’t really my thing.
2 years

Ditzy:
I have tried it for smoking and drinking and no effect whatsoever.
That was years ago tho'.
I did quit both cold turkey.

Good to know and congrats on quitting them.
2 years

greentrees8733:
It’s really hit or miss for me. I’ve had some good experiences with it (but never sought long term effects), but tbh I’ve had more fails than successes (I struggle with both hypnosis and meditation). The more you do it the more reliable it comes, and you definitely gotta be in the right head space.

I’ve only found a few feedism oriented files with voices I like, and most of them are also geared for someone who wants to be submissive, which isn’t really my thing.

Interesting so I guess it's kind of a skill to get hypnotized.

Also Would you worry about the effects it has in the long run? Some of the suggestions from the hypnoses I listened to are things like "always hungry" and slower metabolism so I'm a bit cautious to actually seriously try it repetitively since I want to lose weight eventually but that itself could be what's preventing the results. Since I'm not getting results anyway it'd be safe to keep trying it to see if I get results right? I assume it's alright as long as the file itself isn't inherently dangerous.
2 years

HappyBigBelly:
Hypnosis with pizza or pasta tends to work nicely :-)

Good to know thanks. I'm a bit cautious though because if I do start getting results I'm not sure if I will be able to lose weight or not later on. Maybe that concern is what's stopping me from getting results.
2 years

Ullthrox:

Also Would you worry about the effects it has in the long run? Some of the suggestions from the hypnoses I listened to are things like "always hungry" and slower metabolism so I'm a bit cautious to actually seriously try it repetitively since I want to lose weight eventually but that itself could be what's preventing the results. Since I'm not getting results anyway it'd be safe to keep trying it to see if I get results right? I assume it's alright as long as the file itself isn't inherently dangerous.

While some people have a higher baseline suggestibility, becoming hypnotized and entering a trance is definitely something you can practice.

Tbh, I’m pretty skeptical hypnosis effects that aren’t mental/behavioral. I can’t imagine that physiological changes—like slower metabolism—are within the realm of pure suggestibility/hypnosis. Perhaps physiology could be altered slightly via SNS and ANS; for example, tumo meditation raises body temperature a bit, and presumably involves an accompanying metabolism increase, but that takes a LOT of practice.

As for hunger, when I’ve experienced hunger from hypnosis, it’s definitely felt different than normal hunger, but *very* compelling/motivating nonetheless. But I never experienced it very reliably. And certainly not lasting. But I think I’ve got a lower baseline suggestibility.

I personally wouldn’t worry about long-term effects unless you’re super suggestible or unless you work directly with a hypnotist for a long time.

If wouldn’t recommend gaining more than like ~5 or maybe 10lbs you don’t want to keep. Most people who intentionally lose weight eventually regain it, and most of the re-gainers end up gaining even more.

If you don’t want to gain weight in the long run, have you considered hypnosis to help with lucid dreaming or with altering your perceptions while awake? (such perceiving yourself as fatter than you are) The matter would probably involve hiring a hypnotist to make you files or work directly with you, but there’s lots of files intended to lead to lucid dreaming. (If you go that route, you might also consider binaural beats)
2 years

Ullthrox:

greentrees8733:
While some people have a higher baseline suggestibility, becoming hypnotized and entering a trance is definitely something you can practice.

Tbh, I’m pretty skeptical hypnosis effects that aren’t mental/behavioral. I can’t imagine that physiological changes—like slower metabolism—are within the realm of pure suggestibility/hypnosis. Perhaps physiology could be altered slightly via SNS and ANS; for example, tumo meditation raises body temperature a bit, and presumably involves an accompanying metabolism increase, but that takes a LOT of practice.

As for hunger, when I’ve experienced hunger from hypnosis, it’s definitely felt different than normal hunger, but *very* compelling/motivating nonetheless. But I never experienced it very reliably. And certainly not lasting. But I think I’ve got a lower baseline suggestibility.

I personally wouldn’t worry about long-term effects unless you’re super suggestible or unless you work directly with a hypnotist for a long time.

If wouldn’t recommend gaining more than like ~5 or maybe 10lbs you don’t want to keep. Most people who intentionally lose weight eventually regain it, and most of the re-gainers end up gaining even more.

If you don’t want to gain weight in the long run, have you considered hypnosis to help with lucid dreaming or with altering your perceptions while awake? (such perceiving yourself as fatter than you are) The matter would probably involve hiring a hypnotist to make you files or work directly with you, but there’s lots of files intended to lead to lucid dreaming. (If you go that route, you might also consider binaural beats)

Thank you for the insight. I think I'll continue listening to it then. I'm currently struggling to have even 3 meals a day so this should help a lot.

However I do have one more concern which I forgot to mention in my post. There're some suggestions that make the file addictive like "the more you want to eat the more you want to listen to this file." and "you want to listen to this file again." I might be wrong but I'm assuming the intended effect of this is the more you're addicted to it the more you want to eat and vice versa or it could just be for personal gain. What are your thoughts on this?
2 years

Ullthrox:
Thank you for the insight. I think I'll continue listening to it then. I'm currently struggling to have even 3 meals a day so this should help a lot.

However I do have one more concern which I forgot to mention in my post. There're some suggestions that make the file addictive like "the more you want to eat the more you want to listen to this file." and "you want to listen to this file again." I might be wrong but I'm assuming the intended effect of this is the more you're addicted to it the more you want to eat and vice versa or it could just be for personal gain. What are your thoughts on this?

You got it smiley hope you have the experiences you’re looking for!

Sounds like a positive feedback loop suggestion. “X makes you want Y, Y makes you want X”. That’s pretty common.

If that’s a genuine concern for you, it will probably be less effective. IME (and the general wisdom I’ve seen, but I could be wrong) is that not wanting a particular outcome constitutes pretty significant resistance.

I shared similar concerns about hypnosis when I first tried it out. I found it helpful to find files where I *wasnt* nervous about—and event wanted—the lasting effects (like those to encourage lucid dreaming) to get the hang of things and see how hypnosis affected me generally.
2 years
1234   loading