Lifestyle tips

Overeating at night is better for weight gain than overeating at morning?

What will be better? Morning or Night?
2 years

Definitely night. Especially carbs, your body won't be able to burn them in your sleep and most turn to body fat.
2 years

I agree overeating at night. A few years ago (about twenty years ago) I worked at a grocery store. I got of at 10:30pm. I was living with my mom back then and she would have a normal size dinner ready for me when I got home. I ate about 11 and went to bed at around midnight. That is how I got to my heaviest. 297 pounds. So I'm going to start stuffing my belly every night just before bed.
2 years

I agree, totally best weigh to gain. My only caveat would be careful with acidic foods or spicy foods. I take medication for acid reflux and these can really set off bedtime heart burn.
2 years

Harry-Misty:
What will be better? Morning or Night?

Anecdotally i can say that when we were getting her from 190 to the big 200 we trialled 1pt heavy cream between 2000 and bed (around 2330) and spread throughout the day.

In all honesty there wasn’t much difference but we have noticed that calorie bombing tends to be calorie wasting ie, once you get in to the swing of taking in 4k+ calories a day over 3-5 large meals plus snacks, then the gain really takes off. Its not so hard to do 1.5kcal a meal plus some bonus calories with cream based drinks.

With a cake shake before bed, if you can sleep afterwords, you’ll likely find a lot ends up literally flushed away the next morning after your am coffee as your body isn’t metabolising it and hence processing it to store.
2 years

I absolutely love stuffing myself at night, its crucial for weight gain, although I don't have much for breakfast, it takes most of the day making up for it
2 years

It’s better to overeat at night because the food you eat stores into fat.
1 year

Chubbydiva:
It’s better to overeat at night because the food you eat stores into fat.

+1.
1 year

If it works for you then sure but I find that if I take in too much sugar/carbs before bed I tend to wake up feeling groggy or crappy.
1 year

2xChins:
If it works for you then sure but I find that if I take in too much sugar/carbs before bed I tend to wake up feeling groggy or crappy.

Consider: Do late-night stuffings with less sugar and carbs. There are other kinds of foods besides carbs and sweets.
1 year
12   loading