Gaining

Overshoot much?

Some people who decide to gain end up

1. gaining about what they planned;

But others end up gaining more than that, either because:

2. They get so used to eating a lot that they can't cut back;

3. They find that their original target weight wasn't big enough.

If you're in group 2 or 3: how much bigger did you get than you initially planned?
2 years

Overshoot much?

I'm in group 3. I started at 150, and my first goal was 180. I still felt skinny, so I gradually increased my goal to 200, 225, 250, and eventually 300. I now weigh over 300 pounds and love my belly.
2 years

Overshoot much?

I realized I should add a fourth category. The newest version of the question is:

4. They enjoy eating a lot more than they expected and they don't _want_ to cut back;

If you're in group 2, 3, or 4: how much bigger did you get than you initially planned?
2 years

Overshoot much?

AskDrFeeder:
I realized I should add a fourth category. The newest version of the question is:

4. They enjoy eating a lot more than they expected and they don't _want_ to cut back;

If you're in group 2, 3, or 4: how much bigger did you get than you initially planned?

I am still making progress to my goal, but I keep moving up my goal as I progress. I still have a ways to go before my goal, but I would be surprise if when I hit my goal, it’s #3 for me. But we will see.
2 years

Overshoot much?

CuriousAmy13:
I am still making progress to my goal, but I keep moving up my goal as I progress.

This has got to be the feedist version of Zeno's Paradox.
2 years

Overshoot much?

I never really intended to gain so much weight however covid has certainly had a large impact on my waistline. Around the begging of quarantine I was comfortable at about 150 I am now at roughly 220 so roughly a 70 pound gain in 2 years. From 2020-2021 I gained probably about 25 pounds so I was probably at about 175 beginning of 2021 and got up to about 195 by early December 2021 and after the new year I stepped on the scale for the first time and saw it read 205 and since then I’ve ballooned to 220. I just really can’t seem to make myself stop despite never intending to gain this much..
2 years