General

Generation difference

Bigwideland:
I am intrigued by how many born in the late 1990's on the site are more that 400. Maybe it is just because of social media that I did not have in my teens. Or are more people getting way bigger at younger ages. And if so why? Discussion?

There are certainly more 400-pound people on-line but I don't know if it's because there are more people that size or if it's that they share pics more. Probably both.

I do think the attitude has changed among young people. Any kind of body/gender/racial/ethnic shaming is taboo these days so there's less social stigma about being fat. It also seems to me that people who want to gain are less conflicted about it and more likely to jump in with both feet as soon as they get the opportunity or the desire.
2 years

Generation difference

To some extent, I think it might also be that young people are less interested in being in relationships. It's harder to find a relationship if you're fat, but if you're not looking for one you have license to get fat.
2 years

Generation difference

AskDrFeeder:
To some extent, I think it might also be that young people are less interested in being in relationships. It's harder to find a relationship if you're fat, but if you're not looking for one you have license to get fat.

I don't think it's that they were less interested in a relationship. But groups like the Asexuals who were real hard to find pre-2000 (despite being around much earlier) are now much easier to locate, so we don't waste decades feeling like we're broken and trying to fake being straight and as normal as possible.

Add to that how much easier to find fetish content of any type and we start getting into this much sooner than we used to. Consider how hard it was to even find dimensions back in the day versus trying to find this site or curvage today.
2 years

Generation difference

GainingLear:
Add to that how much easier to find fetish content of any type and we start getting into this much sooner than we used to. Consider how hard it was to even find dimensions back in the day versus trying to find this site or curvage today.

No kidding! I came of age in the 60s and 70s...I never even heard of feedism (aka feederism) until the 80s. I knew I had feedist tendencies and assumed there were others like me but really didn't know for many years. I did see a "Hilda" calendar in a car-repair shop back in the 60s (was tempted to steal it but settled for trying to brain-download as much of it as possible) so I at least knew there were others who appreciated curvy women.
2 years