Lifestyle tips

Small changes in my daily life to help me gain weight?

Searching for tips
2 years

Me too please!
2 years

Gottabebig67:
Eating then sleeping , not moving much. “Graze” during the day and keep snacks close by and heavy cream Is always an answer

Can certainly double most of this. Adding cream in place of milk in coffee and sauces, lots of snacks: add a pastry to every large hot drinks. Have an open bowl of snacks at your desk, next to your sofa, on the bedside table and an open bag of something with you on transport.

Avoid prolonged exercise. If you want to exercise you can keep a healthier heart and stay strong with lifting. A simple (but not ideal) way of looking at gainer/feedee exercise is you should be aching after but not sweating during the exercise.

There is then the potentially controversial use of sugars (maltodextrin) as an insulin driver before meals. It’s not something I personally recommend but there’s a lot of info on it in the forums here.
2 years

Like with a weight loss diet, a weight gain diet takes planning. Your body is used to a certain amount of food at certain times and you have existing habits for when and how much to eat. To beat those, you need to plan.

Some of that is just food planning, thinking ahead to make sure you have snacks at hand and filling meals, some of it is how to overcome your habits. Is it training yourself to ask yourself "should I be eating something right now?" Is it setting reminder alarms on your phone? Is it putting snacks where you will see them so that you remember? Is it paying attention to calories to make sure you are eating enough each day?

There are lots of strategies you can use, but it takes some planning, organization, and a bit of willpower to make them happy.
2 years

It's all about addition of calories. If you look at what you eat in a given day, what and when else could you have eaten?

If you look at your meals and add food to them, you will inevitably start to gain weight. If you really want to kickstart your gain, purposely adding snacks that are full of carbs will help pack on the pounds without sabotaging your appetite for your main meals.
2 years

Drink your calories. You need to drink liquid regardless, so you can easily add on 2-3K a day just in switching up your beverage choices.
2 years

Bicepsual:
Drink your calories. You need to drink liquid regardless, so you can easily add on 2-3K a day just in switching up your beverage choices.

An extra 100 calories a day will add 10 pounds over a year.

Switch out two diet drinks for the sugary soda pop and you’ll gain 20 pounds within a year.
2 years

with dinner the first cup of drink should be cream followed by sodas and then a larger dessert. try go to bed within a hour after eating and that will help a bit too.
2 years

Get closer to obese family and friends who you can tolerate and enjoy being around. See 1st hand the experiences they go through and how others in your immediate circle react. The same way they are treated, may be similar to how they see you when you're the fatty who sticks out.

The added time in waiting for the elevator when you could have already been in your apt using the stairs, though seeing why stairs are more of a challenge down the line.

Drinking water, added drinks stretch capacity. Can you feel more comfortable at home in a sedentary lifestyle or would the slower pace and boredom have you on an exercise bike.

Connect a certain snack or food to a warm memory. Like a bag of m and ms that take you back to a better time in the past. That bar and grill hangout with coworkers who were cool enough to hang with after work, or friends

Staycation, nice hotel spot around your favorite places where you can get delivery or not far walking distance. Staff cleans the room next day, while you wobble out and settle on a nice bus or taxi ride to errands, bakery or a park bench. Some spots have late check out, get a nice hearty brunch delivered. Feel the stress wash over you, while swollen riding on your way home.

Over time, you will see what you want and what you don't want. Some may dump food on you to avoid getting fat themselves, some may distance themselves from you for the same reason.
2 years