Feedback and suggestions

What limits are there to creating accounts?

Can there be a cool-down or anything for someone who keeps deleting and creating new accounts? I know it's against the rules to have multiples which is not what I mean. I've never deleted and re-created mine so I am just assuming that the signup process is just email-based, but having an extra measure to prevent block evasions or whatever it is that makes people constantly re-create accounts would be great. Maybe IP matching instead so people can't evade with separate emails.
2 years

LoraDayton:
Can there be a cool-down or anything for someone who keeps deleting and creating new accounts? I know it's against the rules to have multiples which is not what I mean. I've never deleted and re-created mine so I am just assuming that the signup process is just email-based, but having an extra measure to prevent block evasions or whatever it is that makes people constantly re-create accounts would be great. Maybe IP matching instead so people can't evade with separate emails.

Total agreement.

So sick of the same people ghosting again and again. Especially if people have gotten hurt in the past.
2 years

Baba Yaga:
Especially if people have gotten hurt in the past.

Exactly what I'm dealing with right now and it blows.

I guess this goes hand-in-hand with the weak blockages thing, too.

I hate to say it and pull this card, but I've been here a LONG time and I'm a premium member, I'm clearly invested in the community as a whole. While that should not be a requirement and I don't expect others to be, I don't think it's too much to ask that we aren't used and manipulated on a constant basis. It feels so weird and just makes me feel gross like I'm an animal in a zoo.
2 years

Unless they do something to get banned, there is nothing against the rules against deleting and remaking accounts as far as I know.

But really, stop trusting people with new accounts. If someone is just a few months old, I never interact with them beyond the causal level in the chat because, well, I know what happens. Get to that year mark and I'll consider you trustworthy.

There is only one person on this whole site who was new that I connected with before the year mark, anyway. That's a long story.

Also, this place is filled to the brim with evil. There is 100% no telling who else they are interacting with on their end. They might be avoiding a stalker, a psychopath, you never know.

I've seen plenty of people get hurt here because they invested too much time in the wrong person when they should have bailed ages earlier.

They will ghost you, it will hurt, there is nothing in the rules that say they have to care about you or ask permission to delete accounts and remake new ones.

I think asking for an IP tracker is a bit creepy, or a website with "Fantasy" in the name. People totally have the right to disappear at any time on the net and make a totally new account anytime they like if they haven't been banned. Just as long as they keep it to one account.

I think asking for something like this is a slippery slope into a bad place. Kind of like that time there was a two hour limit on the chat room.

Bad places are easy to find. Let's avoid this one.

If someone causes you pain by disappearing, you're going to have to just deal with it. That's life. Trust your instincts, be more careful, learn to recognize typing patterns, personalities and things the ghosters can't hide.

Protect yourselves, don't ask the government here to do it for you. You know if they get involved, they'll mess it up. It's just the natural order of things. There is no Freedom without risk and the internet can be the riskiest place in the world sometimes.
2 years

BBWcreator82:
I think asking for an IP tracker is a bit creepy, or a website with "Fantasy" in the name. People totally have the right to disappear at any time on the net and make a totally new account anytime they like if they haven't been banned. Just as long as they keep it to one account.

I think asking for something like this is a slippery slope into a bad place. Kind of like that time there was a two hour limit on the chat room.

I hate to break it to you but FF does actually enact IP bans when necessary, and not only that IP addresses are publicly available at all times. It is standard protocol and every single website owner on the planet has a way to see the IPs visiting them for this purpose. IP addresses from ISPs and mobile carriers also get rotated frequently so it's not even that big of a deal.

Fantasy does not give one carte blanche to treat others as their particular objects. That's not how that works. It's not a slippery slope, many sites have a basic feature like this that simply prevent someone from re-joining every day, you're just a mansplaining creep smiley

I'm not going to answer the rest of your post because it makes some wild assumptions and you're basically just telling on yourself about a lot of things so you know, have fun with that or whatever.
2 years

You're not the only one who's ever been ghosted.

I know you haven't quite got the hang of controlling how you react to when people disappear on you, but I have. I am telling you, the minute you tell other people what they can do with their accounts is the minute everything starts to burn.

I know how the website works. I just don't think they should be responsible for our hurt feelings.

You either get tough and learn from your mistakes, or you don't.

I have, and you've been here long enough that you should have done it too.

Apparently, you expect more out of people, not entirely sure why at this point. I'll never ask the site to go after ghosters because that's what I expect most of them to do at this point.

It's life.

We both know it. You've been here almost as long as me.

Time to wake up. People are gonna ghost, nothing you can do about it. VPN's exist. There are banned people that make accounts nearly every day.

There is literally nothing the site can do to keep them out if they really want in.
2 years

I don't remember providing you with the context or details of my situation, nor asking for your opinion on it. The fact that you're so hellbent on insisting you're right about everything without knowing anything doesn't make you cool, just makes you a tool.

I wasn't asking FF to "go after ghosters" I literally asked for a cool-down to recreating new accounts which is not a feature that is unheard of. And you know it. Sorry I clearly stepped on a nerve for you, if yuo oknow how the site works, you shouldn't be so easily offended when someone asks for a preventive measure that is pretty standard on social sites smiley
2 years

If you don't want opinions, don't post in a public forum where literally anyone can offer them.

Gee, I wish there was a private forum where people could whine about their own problems and just make their own echo chambers where everyone agrees with them.

Wait. No I don't.

No freedom without risk, you wanted to complain about a non issue in a public forum, you better expect someone to come along and talk some sense.

No permission needed. Isn't freedom great? I think so.

Just like a ghoster, I can come on a public forum and tell you why you're wrong.

Like the old saying goes. Life is 90% on how you react to things, not the things that are done to you.

You're going to be ghosted. It has happened. It will happen again.

I'm not wrong, you know it.

Stop expecting so much out of people, especially in this "Community"

If you'd trust me just a little bit, your life will improve.

Learn to move forward. Don't get stuck on a ghost. That's just miserable. Choose happy.
2 years

Woman: Suggests a reasonable boundary.

Every insecure male on this site: 🤯🤬😭
2 years

HanselsWitch:
Woman: Suggests a reasonable boundary.

Every insecure male on this site: 🤯🤬😭

Woman: Sets reasonable boundary

Man 1: Agrees with her.

Man 2: Disagrees but explains why without any personal attacks.

You: OMGRRDDDD INSECURE MALES ARGLE BARGLE AWWW HIBBABEEEE!!
2 years
123   loading