General

Roll call! any other autistic feedist in the house?

SinWithAGrin:
I'm on the spectrum myself

Same brother
1 year

Oh wow! I totally forgot I started this thread but so glad to see other feedists on the autism spectrum finding community.

Personally I think my sensory issues have directly influenced my preference in partners. Maybe that's one of the reasons I'm an FA. There's nothing more comforting to me than touching someone soft or being layed on by them.
1 year

Munchies:
I'm 100% on the spectrum. Although, most people seem shocked when I tell them that.

Glitter Jelly:
Same here. But that only tells you how little people know about autism.

Munchies:
No, that's not why. It used to be super obvious to tell. However, I got a lot better at functioning. The only time I get clocked nowadays is if I get overstimulated in public.

Besides, if you meet one autistic person, you've met one autistic person.

That's always what I tell people.
1 year

CarelessWispa:
I am also autistic and ADHD.

I have noticed that nearly everyone I've talked to in any great depth who is a feedist tends to either already know they are autistic and/or ADHD, or suspect they might be. And I'm usually in agreement with those who suspect, given that talking to other people who know they are autistic/ADHD and finding you have symptoms in common is as good an indicator as any*

*This is how I realised, and had to seek out adult diagnosis of both things. The fact that multiple teachers/doctors didn't notice things that are these days considered quite typical signs in children, or the way it seems like some autistic people can sense each other a mile off but get "I never would have known" from others, suggests to me that what is "obviously autistic" is quite subjective.

I do believe there's evidence and a lot of insider agreement from within general kink/fetish spaces that people with non-standard sexualities are more likely to be neurodivergent than not. But it can be difficult to talk about when a great deal of people who are ND, are currently unaware of it.

Yes, I feel you.
I diagnosed with ADHD, also have clear signs of ADS🙃
1 year

'Sperg here.
1 year

Yep. I’m definitely on the spectrum.
1 year

I'm on the spectrum, and ADHD feedee!
1 year

Not vaccinations causing autism beliefs 😫
10 months

Worked hard to achieve high functionality but still autistic since the start.
10 months

Hi, fellow autistic folks! I was just diagnosed last year, and in retrospect it explains a great deal about my struggles in life. Nobody who knew me was really surprised at my diagnosis; reactions were more like "Oh yeah, that explains a lot."

I'm not sure if neurodivergent people are more likely to have nonstandard sexuality, or if we're just more likely to admit it to ourselves.
10 months
34567   loading