Events

What if we could organize a fatcon where we could all meet?

An intriguing idea. Funding and discretion would be the two main concerns. Still though!
2 years

Absolutely, but I think it could be a blast
2 years

I’ve dreamed of this for years I would love this. If I had the money to put this together and have a location I would go anywhere.
2 years

Eager Pet Piglet:
When I was active in the BDSM community there were local groups that supported the lifestyle and held events throughout the year. There were big events like Black Rose down in Virginia and TES in NYC that lasted over a weekend or two where people from all over would attend. With the proper organization we could do that too. There would be lectures, demos, meetNgreets, vendors and of course, food. It would take a long time to put something like this together and we'd have to plan long in advance, but it could be wonderful. We would need volunteers to organize, security and vendors for clothing, food, other products that are fat friendly. It would be a lot of work, but it would be worth it. We deserve a safe place where we can go and be ourselves. What do you think?

Such gatherings do require resources. One idea is to start with interested people that agree to meet at an established event (e.g., long-running BBW Bash) and hold a separate meetup. I remember seeing a sign in the lobby for an informal meeting at a convention about 15-20 years ago which said something like "Big Beautiful Growing People" and gave a room number and time.
2 years

I’m down for it :-) Wonder how the advertising would be for it.
2 years

You've seen the chat room right? We'd all find corners to stand in and try not to make eye contact.

Most of the people here are already in relationships and this is a huge secret and wouldn't go anyway.

It'd be like a middle school dance at the very best and could be a nightmare depending on who all shows up from here.

Besides traveling for most of us is an inconvenience all on its own.

I just don't see it working out.
2 years