Diabetes and weight gain

maybe geting calories from fat instead of sugar
2 years

Diabetes and weight gain

surely!
2 years

Diabetes and weight gain

Eirtae feedee:
I'm waiting for a call from the doctor today. I think he will tell me that I have diabetes.
Will I be able to continue gaining weight?

Just wondering what other people in the same situation do

Can you continue gaining?
Yes, but it takes a lot more work to not throw everything off.

If you are diagnosed I suggest holding off on continuing gaining til you're getting stable numbers. Once you have meds that work to keep your blood sugar even you can test the boundaries and figure out how to gain again. Everyone is a bit different, not everyone's system will be spiked by the same foods so some testing is necessary.

You won't have particularly rapid gains, because all the good calorie bombs are high in sugar. But you can continue gaining.
2 years

Diabetes and weight gain

Eirtae feedee:
I'm waiting for a call from the doctor today. I think he will tell me that I have diabetes.
Will I be able to continue gaining weight?

Just wondering what other people in the same situation do

GainingLear:
Can you continue gaining?
Yes, but it takes a lot more work to not throw everything off.

If you are diagnosed I suggest holding off on continuing gaining til you're getting stable numbers. Once you have meds that work to keep your blood sugar even you can test the boundaries and figure out how to gain again. Everyone is a bit different, not everyone's system will be spiked by the same foods so some testing is necessary.

You won't have particularly rapid gains, because all the good calorie bombs are high in sugar. But you can continue gaining.

Diabetic here. Been one for all my life. I second what he says. You can gain, but you have to be very careful how you do it.

It is best to stabilize your blood glucose levels because that can work against you. Not just the whole insulin spike thing either. If your sugar gets too high, you can actually lose weight.

Get your levels right. Find out what your boundaries are. You may need to switch to healthier alternatives like nuts and avocados. Takes longer to do, but it's a journey, not a race.
2 years