Story authors

Writing advice and how to tackle weight gain

I'm wanting to get back to adding to my story here

was just wondering if anyone had advice for writing and tackling weight gain?
2 years

Miachu:

What many weight-gain stories lack is a story arc. They're like "Mary ate a lot and gained weight. She liked it. So she ate more. And gained more weight. And then she ate even more and gained even more than that."

You can pretty that up with adjectives and metaphors and descriptions and what-not, but it's not much of a story. There's no arc.

My stories always have an arc. Not saying this is the only way to do it, but my stories always start with a slim or average-sized woman. Something or someone causes her to gain a bit of weight--willingly or not. She is conflicted. For various reasons, she partly wants to lose weight or at least stop gaining, but also, for various reasons, she partly wants to gain more.

The bulk of the story is usually her (perhaps with help) working out these conflicts. She finally gets past them and gets fat and lives gluttonously ever after.
2 years

Miachu:

AskDrFeeder:
What many weight-gain stories lack is a story arc. They're like "Mary ate a lot and gained weight. She liked it. So she ate more. And gained more weight. And then she ate even more and gained even more than that."

You can pretty that up with adjectives and metaphors and descriptions and what-not, but it's not much of a story. There's no arc.

My stories always have an arc. Not saying this is the only way to do it, but my stories always start with a slim or average-sized woman. Something or someone causes her to gain a bit of weight--willingly or not. She is conflicted. For various reasons, she partly wants to lose weight or at least stop gaining, but also, for various reasons, she partly wants to gain more.

The bulk of the story is usually her (perhaps with help) working out these conflicts. She finally gets past them and gets fat and lives gluttonously ever after.

Thank you Dr. Feeder

I'm somewhat thinking along those lines when it comes to this story. I'm not a big fan "girl gets fat the end" haha, Thank you for the advice!

*btw thanks for all that advice you've given folk around this stuff for years 😊
2 years

I tend to start with a premise and then expand on it from there. A basic outline can help keep you on track and as dr. Feeder states having an arc is important when it comes to reaching a conclusion. I’ve struggled with landing my longest story for that very reason of not knowing how to land it.

Other than that filling it with details and fleshed out characters will bring that premise to life and should make a good piece of writing.
2 years

Miachu:

I always keep at least three things in mind when I write: the start, the end, and the general flow. I'm a firm believer of letting the story go where it wants. I can't tell you how many time I had a plan, but as I wrote the story, I realized doing something different would be better. This goes for any kind of story.

For the weight gain part, it helps to have references. I can't tell you how many stories I've read where the writer has no idea about basic anatomy. For example, thinking a woman is super fat when they are 5'7" and 150 pounds.

On the flip side, don't be that writer who has a precise image in their heads and dictates that image to the audience. Don't give the proportions unless it makes narrative sense to do that, and accept that your reader will not imagine this character the exact way you do. Always show, don't tell.
2 years