Gaining

Maltodextrin for fat gaining

I've ordered around 1kg of maltodextrin, has anyone had any experience using it?
2 years

Whatever you do, be very careful about mixing it with anything that's high in fat, or just don't.

I tried it once, and mixed it with half & half. Not even double/heavy cream. The mix was SO thick and clumpy that it was undrinkable, so I had to throw it away.

That said, I've heard other reports of folks using it and getting good results. Hopefully other folks who got better results will chime in and they'll talk about their experiences, good and bad.
2 years

1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 pint of your favorite Ben and Jerry’s (melted for easy blending)
1-2 scoops of Malto.

Mix it just enough to blend ingredients (if you overdo it , it turns far too thick between the cream and the malto.)

Enjoy the deliciousness.

* best if split in half , one serving in morn one at evening , otherwise you’ll be far too full to have any actual food. Use this is a supplement on top of your regular diet, not as a replacement.
2 years

ILuvChubbyChix:
Whatever you do, be very careful about mixing it with anything that's high in fat, or just don't.

I tried it once, and mixed it with half & half. Not even double/heavy cream. The mix was SO thick and clumpy that it was undrinkable, so I had to throw it away.

That said, I've heard other reports of folks using it and getting good results. Hopefully other folks who got better results will chime in and they'll talk about their experiences, good and bad.

I see, very useful information, tysm!
2 years

I’ve seen maltodextrin mentioned on ff a few times, but I’m not too familiar with it.

What benefit are people seeking from it? Why choose it over other classic foods/ingredients?
2 years

greentrees8733:
I’ve seen maltodextrin mentioned on ff a few times, but I’m not too familiar with it.

What benefit are people seeking from it? Why choose it over other classic foods/ingredients?

Idk, but it has more calories than sugar and less sweet
2 years

GrowMeLarger:
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 pint of your favorite Ben and Jerry’s (melted for easy blending)
1-2 scoops of Malto.

Mix it just enough to blend ingredients (if you overdo it , it turns far too thick between the cream and the malto.)

Enjoy the deliciousness.

* best if split in half , one serving in morn one at evening , otherwise you’ll be far too full to have any actual food. Use this is a supplement on top of your regular diet, not as a replacement.

What do you mean by "if you overdo it?" Blending it too much, or not enough?

I find this recipe interesting, since this involves combining maltodextrin with other ingredients that are very high in dairy fat. But when I tried that with half & half as being another major ingredient (and a couple other things for flavor), it was clumpy as hell and undrinkable.
2 years

greentrees8733:

I don't think anyone is suggesting relying it entirely, but as a supplemental ingredient. It's a common ingredient in the various weight gain/workout/gym-rat powders out there, but raw maltodextrin is vastly cheaper than any of these specialty powders.

It's a carbohydrate that digests very quickly; but it does have a very high glycemic index so take it easy at first until you figure out how you might feel. Kind of like how you might feel if you had a LOT of sugar or HFCS in a very short amount of time.

There's also a theory that consuming sugar or other carbs with a high glycemic index along with fats, help to sort of "open up" the fat cells to aid in the absorption and storage of fat, but someone else with more knowledge about this would no doubt know more about this.
2 years

Harry-Misty:
I've ordered around 1kg of maltodextrin, has anyone had any experience using it?

Fatgainer777:
Maltodextrin is one of the best & cheapest thing to gain weight. I had taken 2kg pack last year I was 83kg that time and in 3 months I reached 89kg. I use to take 10-40gm after food.
Now I am a lot fatter and softer.

You can check out my youtube channel as well.
"YoungGainer"

Wow, you a really soft, but not big enough, ahaha
2 years

Where can I purchase this?
2 years
12   loading