Gaining

Is it just me or

Does anyone like the idea of gaining and losing the same amount of weight then repeating the cycle similar to bulking and cutting.

Honestly I find the concept itself to be fun mostly because Im indecisive on being chubby or thin so I set a time period where I slim down and stay thin then chunk up for the other portion of the year
2 years

Is it just me or

@Serph I love the idea.
I'm looking to lose now so I can gain again.
2 years

Is it just me or

Plus sometimes you can look even bigger off of regains hehe
2 years

Is it just me or

It's not for me. I'm a hard gainer, so gaining weight takes work on my part. I have unintentionally lost weight during this process, and it has been a demoralizing experience.

I guess it would be different if I easily gained weight. Since gaining weight takes so much dedication and consistency on my part, losing weight just feels like I'm wasting calories, money, and time.
2 years

Is it just me or

Serph:
Does anyone like the idea of gaining and losing the same amount of weight then repeating the cycle similar to bulking and cutting.

I liked the idea of this, but I can't say it worked out that way in reality 😆 I was honestly surprised how hard it was to go back. Lately i've just gone with it and enjoyed all the extra attention my feeder gives me
2 years

Is it just me or

Zora:
It's not for me. I'm a hard gainer, so gaining weight takes work on my part. I have unintentionally lost weight during this process, and it has been a demoralizing experience.

I guess it would be different if I easily gained weight. Since gaining weight takes so much dedication and consistency on my part, losing weight just feels like I'm wasting calories, money, and time.

Have you noticed if re-gaining is easier than new gaining? Anecdotally, that's been my experience, and statistically, most people who intentionally lose weight go on to regain it (and then most of them gain more). Personally, my body seems to like being about ~5-10 lbs lower than my highest weight during intentional gaining.
2 years

Is it just me or

Have you noticed if re-gaining is easier than new gaining? Anecdotally, that's been my experience, and statistically, most people who intentionally lose weight go on to regain it (and then most of them gain more). Personally, my body seems to like being about ~5-10 lbs lower than my highest weight during intentional gaining.

I haven't noticed a difference. I'm regaining the weight at about the same rate that I initially gained it.

Oh yes, people who intentional lose weight do tend to blow back up easily, but that's a different situation. In their case, they were already overeating, and then went on a diet and/or started exercising. When their old habits kick back in, the weight piles back on easily.

My situation is almost the opposite. I normally eat a healthy, low-carb diet. I gain weight only through heavy whipping cream, adding it onto my normal diet. When I took a break from gaining, I just kept eating my regular diet, and my body naturally lost a lot of weight. I did not retain anywhere near as much weight as I had hoped.

This next part surprised me. I have actually hit plateaus as I was regaining! I couldn't believe it. There I was, much lighter than my previous high of 295 pounds, and struggling to break through a plateau.

Once I reach my goal weight, my next challenge will be figuring out how to maintain it.
2 years