Lifestyle tips

Gaining again?

A couple years ago I got up to 260. Felt great, but I had to lose some weight and did. Been hovering around 190 for a few months.

I don't know what's changed, but the past few days I've been eating anything and everything in sight. What a feeling! My stomach hurts because its so full, but I want more!

I loved being fat and kinda want to again, but physically I feel better at my current weight. SO CONFLICTED!
2 years

Gaining again?

Make a table, and write a list of pros and cons. No one can choose for you, but this should help you make it for yourself.

Also, there's nothing wrong with the occasional stuffing session. I'm not actively gaining. In fact, my weight has been stable for some time, and I have no interest in putting on more. But from time to time, it's nice, just full of delicious food.
2 years

Gaining again?

I like the idea of pros and cons, and will probably do it. However, before I have even started making that list, full on pigging out has taken hold of me. I feel like a junkie, and food is my drug of choice. Getting fat again seems to be winning. On Thursday I had nearly 5000 calories. I didn't count yesterday, but it was more than 3000 for sure. I'm already at 1500 today. The beast had been unleashed.

I am so tempted to go for 200. And with how much I'm eating, I'm sure it won't take long. Maybe I'll re-evaluate then...maybe.
2 years

Gaining again?

zfat250:
I like the idea of pros and cons, and will probably do it. However, before I have even started making that list, full on pigging out has taken hold of me. I feel like a junkie, and food is my drug of choice. Getting fat again seems to be winning. On Thursday I had nearly 5000 calories. I didn't count yesterday, but it was more than 3000 for sure. I'm already at 1500 today. The beast had been unleashed.

I am so tempted to go for 200. And with how much I'm eating, I'm sure it won't take long. Maybe I'll re-evaluate then...maybe.

Seems like you've already made your choice, my friend. At least you know what weight you are no longer comfortable at. Why not gain until you get to that point and then reassess?
2 years

Gaining again?

zfat250:
I don't know what's changed, but the past few days I've been eating anything and everything in sight.

I loved being fat and kinda want to again, but physically I feel better at my current weight. SO CONFLICTED!

I can definitely relate.

For the past 12 months or so I've been eating anything and everything and haven't been able to stop. Even just this morning I had a pizza for breakfast 😅

As a result, without trying I've put on 35kg (75lbs). While I LOVE the food, and enjoy my apron belly being filled out a bit more, I'm really starting to feel the physical effects and I'm not sure if the downsides in everyday life are worth it. After losing a lot of weight previously, and working hard to be "fat but fit", I guess I had forgotten how hard simple things are when you're properly big.

Like you said, it's really conflicting.
2 years

Gaining again?

I've decided to keep eating like crazy until at least Sunday, May 8th (three weeks since I started). I'm enjoying it too much. The way the food tastes, the way my stomach is stretched, the way my clothes are fitting. I missed it all. After May 8th, who knows. I'm going to see if I could get to 200 by then. I was 189 on April 17th. Haven't been on a scale since.

My problem is that whenever I go on a gaining rampage, I do it very quickly. 20 plus pounds within the first month or so. So it would probably be pretty noticeable. It slows down after a month, usually 5 or so for a bit, and then slows down completely to 1 or 2 per month.

So we'll see on May 8th where I'm at, how I'm feeling and make a further decision then. I have a feeling this could continue beyond.
2 years

Gaining again?

My problem is that whenever I go on a gaining rampage, I do it very quickly. 20 plus pounds within the first month or so. So it would probably be pretty noticeable. It slows down after a month, usually 5 or so for a bit, and then slows down completely to 1 or 2 per month.

Sounds like one of my typical gaining cycles, except mine only slow down if I hit a plateau. Otherwise, I'm consistently gaining almost 20 pounds each cycle.

I'm surprised my hairdresser hasn't said anything. I only see her every couple of months, but each time I see her I'm about 40 pounds fatter. You'd think she would have noticed.
2 years

Gaining again?

I'm surprised my hairdresser hasn't said anything. I only see her every couple of months, but each time I see her I'm about 40 pounds fatter. You'd think she would have noticed.

I'm sure she has noticed!

My co-workers knew me when I was bigger and many have commented on my weight loss and "how great I look"...I wonder what they'll think as I add back the pounds?
2 years

Gaining again?

I weighed myself today: 203.8!

I've made the decision that I enjoy this too much to stop. Having said that, I don't think it's a good idea to continue at this pace.

The problem is I've been averaging over 4500 calories a day and am constantly hungry. I'm not sure how easy it will be to cut back and not feel like I'm starving.
1 year

Gaining again?

It's possible, but it will take some willpower. And I know you have it because you eat yourself to this point. That's not easy to do.

All you gotta do is let your stomach shrink back down a bit. Depending on how much you stretched it out, that won't take long to fix. Anywhere from a couple of days to maybe a week.

Eat smaller portion sizes. Take time to enjoy your food. Drink water with your food. You'll notice your appetite won't be as strong as it was.
1 year
12   loading