Lifestyle tips

Scar tissue

Bigwideland:
I have lower abdomen scar from a hernia operation. I have noticed that recent weight increase as caused the scar to ache or be more sensitive. Have others encountered this and did anything help?

Wrt to the actual scar my friend from this community’s wife had had a c section and when she gained the scar felt tight and itched. It just took time until the surrounding tissue stretched before it became comfortable.

Do check, if you’re visceral gaining that the pain isn't due to adhesions following surgery.
2 years

Scar tissue

Bigwideland:
Scargo- at the pharmacy - keep it moisturized and massaged to make it softer.

I have lower abdomen scar from a hernia operation. I have noticed that recent weight increase as caused the scar to ache or be more sensitive. Have others encountered this and did anything help?

LondonFA:
Wrt to the actual scar my friend from this community’s wife had had a c section and when she gained the scar felt tight and itched. It just took time until the surrounding tissue stretched before it became comfortable.

Do check, if you’re visceral gaining that the pain isn't due to adhesions following surgery.
2 years

Scar tissue

This is good to know! I have an abdominal scar too and was worried as I gained if it would cause any issues or hurt since it isn't as flexible as normal skin.
2 years

Scar tissue

Bigwideland:

It's just because scar tissue is much more rigid and the surrounding skin needs to compensate for that. Any cream or oil that contains vitamin E will help with softening it up and making your skin more supple.
2 years