Fattening others

I think my wife's co-workers are feeding her!

Japanese culture has an interesting attitude towards fat women, I've found. There are on average far fewer huge fatties in Japan (Sumo is really its own special case and not really the norm at all).

But also a lot less cruelty towards fat people. In America where I grew up, there are way more obese people (it's basically an old meme at this point), but everyone is more hostile to them, almost encouraged to view large people in the most negative light to try and "change them."

But in Japan, people try to be more polite.
Which leads to a strange sort of "fat acceptance."

I don't know about attitudes with men, but looking at posts by and for large Japanese women, even trashy diet blogs, a pattern emerged. People will encourage a lady to be super-slim, but after a certain point if a girl just keeps eating and growing bigger and bigger, they start to just shrug and treat her like she's just destined to be a fatty. And because people generally want to be nice...they start feeding her.

Instead of "Wow! You're so fat! You need to stop eating!" the attitude becomes "Wow! You're so fat! You must be SO hungry!"

I've read multiple diet posts warning Japanese women who want to lose weight that if they keep getting fatter, their friends and family will start trying to feed them more because the assumption is that the best way to keep a lady THAT big happy is to keep her well fed.

The point to all that preamble about fat and culture in Japan is...I'm certain that's what's happening to my feedee wife now!

More and more, her co-workers are constantly giving her treats and snacks, and paying for her meals. They are literally feeding her! And it's happening more and more the larger she gets!

She talks about how her co-workers are always teasing her about her weight, or telling her they're worried about her becoming immobile...WHILE handing her sweets and cakes, or paying for her buffet trip.
2 years

I think my wife's co-workers are feeding her!

Interesting cultural difference. Well it sounds like you are liking what your wife’s co-workers are doing…..fattening her up more on with their money.

Does your wife enjoy the feeding sessions or does it make her feel strange or does she just go with the flow and keep eating and eating when she is out with them.

How much has she gained since her co-workers started doing this?
1 year