Gaining

Losing weight then regaining faster than before.

I went on a two month diet due to me feeling like I shouldn't be getting fat. I got down to 195 from 205. I fell out of the diet and started eating like I did before the diet. In 3 weeks I got up to 208 which is quicker than any weight gain I've had, and this is on a mostly empty stomach. Is it possible I messed up my metabolism? I was eating 1200 calories on my diet and now I'm eating 3000-5000 daily now. And note I was eating like this before and it took me months to gain 10 lbs
2 years

I have heard, that fat cells don't go away, they just shrink with weight loss. So when you start eating again, they merely expand, making gaining far faster then creating new fat cells.

Just a thought, I've heard this from multiple sources so it may be accurate.
1 year

neonlemonforce:
I went on a two month diet due to me feeling like I shouldn't be getting fat. I got down to 195 from 205. I fell out of the diet and started eating like I did before the diet. In 3 weeks I got up to 208 which is quicker than any weight gain I've had, and this is on a mostly empty stomach. Is it possible I messed up my metabolism? I was eating 1200 calories on my diet and now I'm eating 3000-5000 daily now. And note I was eating like this before and it took me months to gain 10 lbs

Not only does the weight pile on so much faster, but the gain is softer and more pliable each time. My wife has proven this theory with her gaining and then losing and then regaining….always regaining g much softer fat and more of it.
1 year

Well this post explains a lot for me! I never had a problem losing my extra 10-15 lbs of winter weight. Then covid happened, I didn’t lose my holiday weight and I packed on more.
I was getting close to becoming overweight and decided to diet. I thought it would be be a big deal because I’d always been able to lose weight before. I was shocked to find I’d barely lost any weight after a month of dieting.
I was frustrated that I worked so hard and lost nothing that I gave up and gave in to my appetite.
I gained back what I lost and then some. The new weight is extra soft and jiggly!
1 year

It's true, she's getting fatter by the day I've seen it
1 year

I almost always lose weight in between periods of intentional gaining, not on purpose (I wish I could keep it on), just because my natural eating habits are really bad - like, “any doctor who knows my medical history will prescribe me any appetite stimulant I want, no questions asked” level bad. If I’m not actively counting calories to make sure I eat enough, I often only get around 600 to 800 calories in a day.

It’s never *easy* for me to gain, but I have definitely noticed that after a period of especially serious weight loss, the pounds come back faster when I put in the effort to gain. Recently I lost about 4 pounds in just a week and a half due to an illness that almost completely prevented me from eating, and I launched into my current gaining cycle as soon as I felt better. So far, in just a little over a week, I’m up 7 pounds. It is the only silver lining to losing weight - weight gain is much more exciting when it’s fast enough to feel the difference within days.
1 year

FAMGM:
During my first gaining period, I went from 176 to 282 lbs in 4 years.

Having a fast metabolism, when I stopped and resumed nornal eating, I shrank back to 185 lbs — my new hard bottom weight.

In my second gaining period, I covered 185 to 282 lbs in 12 months, and pushed on to 320 lbs in a further 4 months.

Again, I stopped, resumed normal eating, shrank back to 213 lbs, and could not get any lower.

In my current gaining phase, I’ve gone from 213 to 273 lbs in THIRTY THREE DAYS.

Now, this is partly because I also know how to gain. Once I used to buy a bit extra McDonalds and think I was being a glutton, whereas now I’m on a 10,000 cal per day diet.

60 pounds in 33 days!?!? How did you adjust?
1 year