Lifestyle tips

Gaining and mobility

I'd like to be as mobile, flexible and strong as possible while being fat enough that I'm soft and flabby at every part.

Right now to achieve that I go on daily 5km walks and hit the gym twice a week to weight lift. I make sure to hit leg muscles at the end of every workout, even if the focus was a different muscle group. I also occasionally will go up and down 20 flights of stairs so that I can easily mount stairs without getting out of breath (though kinda been slacking on this recently).

I'm 5ft 7 and 205lbs, I can definitely notice that I'm heavier when I move around and it's more difficult to move around than it used to be even with all my efforts. I also experience mild knee pains that I'm hoping to overcome through muscle building.
1 year

Gaining and mobility

I would like to pass on my experience of being a FA and my relationship with my partner. My partner is older than me and the best way to describe her is she is a granny. When i met her she was probably around 300 + pounds and in her mid 30's. Big bellied, agile, she could also walk long distances. She would dance and party. Her weight was relatively stable maybe gaining a few pounds a year. She entered her 40's she still had good mobbilty but towards her late 40's she was starting to slow down, also developing a few aches and pains. She entered her 50:s then things started to change. Her knees were the 1st thing that started causing discomfort her hips were next then her lower back. She was probably 350 pounds. She stopped driving a manual transmission and went to automatic. The 1st sign of loss of mobility was she needed a crutch to walk. Which became 2 crutches. In her mid to late 50's standing or walking any distance was near impossible and she was registered disabled. She now had a mobility scooter to get about on when going out. She could no longer get up the stairs of the house, so a chair lift was installed. Also she could not stand to shower so a wet room was built where she can sit to shower. Into her 60's initially she kept enough mobility to keep her independence.
But that is when things started to change significantly. She was now around 400 pounds. Her legs became painful her hips hurt. Also lower back pain. She was 5 foot 5 and a half inches. Today she is a very different woman. The changing point was she had a fall. Fortunately nothing was broken. But it altered her physically and mentally. She was in hospital but came home a very different woman. She has lost about 3 inches in height her shoulders are rounded and she stands with a stoop. She finds using her mobility scooter uncomfortable and has just gone into her wheelchair. Which is used around the home and garden. Or trips out. When she does stand and needs to move she uses a walker. The fall a small moment in time has had a huge impact on her. She is now a very large elderly woman, with limited mobility. We have discussed mobility for many years. We both knew she would eventually become bed bound. Which we are currently planning for. But there are a few places and things she wants to do before becoming immobile. In short if anyone is on the larger side in my experience you cannot predict the outcome the only thing you can do is be aware of the risks associated with living large. As my lady recently put it ...
I can't complain,
I did it too myself.
I like being fat.
She is now looking forward to the next phase of her life.
1 year

Gaining and mobility

I would like to pass on my experience of being a FA and my relationship with my partner. My partner is older than me and the best way to describe her is she is a granny. When i met her she was probably around 300 + pounds and in her mid 30's. Big bellied, agile, she could also walk long distances. She would dance and party. Her weight was relatively stable maybe gaining a few pounds a year. She entered her 40's she still had good mobbilty but towards her late 40's she was starting to slow down, also developing a few aches and pains. She entered her 50:s then things started to change. Her knees were the 1st thing that started causing discomfort her hips were next then her lower back. She was probably 350 pounds. She stopped driving a manual transmission and went to automatic. The 1st sign of loss of mobility was she needed a crutch to walk. Which became 2 crutches. In her mid to late 50's standing or walking any distance was near impossible and she was registered disabled. She now had a mobility scooter to get about on when going out. She could no longer get up the stairs of the house, so a chair lift was installed. Also she could not stand to shower so a wet room was built where she can sit to shower. Into her 60's initially she kept enough mobility to keep her independence.
But that is when things started to change significantly. She was now around 400 pounds. Her legs became painful her hips hurt. Also lower back pain. She was 5 foot 5 and a half inches. Today she is a very different woman. The changing point was she had a fall. Fortunately nothing was broken. But it altered her physically and mentally. She was in hospital but came home a very different woman. She has lost about 3 inches in height her shoulders are rounded and she stands with a stoop. She finds using her mobility scooter uncomfortable and has just gone into her wheelchair. Which is used around the home and garden. Or trips out. When she does stand and needs to move she uses a walker. The fall a small moment in time has had a huge impact on her. She is now a very large elderly woman, with limited mobility. We have discussed mobility for many years. We both knew she would eventually become bed bound. Which we are currently planning for. But there are a few places and things she wants to do before becoming immobile. In short if anyone is on the larger side in my experience you cannot predict the outcome the only thing you can do is be aware of the risks associated with living large. As my lady recently put it ...
I can't complain,
I did it too myself.
I like being fat.
1 year

Gaining and mobility

English feeder:
I can't complain,
I did it too myself.
I like being fat.

Wow
1 year

Gaining and mobility

MitchHedberg:

I'm 5ft 7 and 205lbs, I can definitely notice that I'm heavier when I move around and it's more difficult to move around than it used to be even with all my efforts. I also experience mild knee pains that I'm hoping to overcome through muscle building.

Tight muscles can also be a factor in knee pain (muscles don't have enough flex to make good shock absorbers). So don't neglect stretching and maybe consider some massage.
1 year

Gaining and mobility

doublefrosted:
Personally, keeping my mobility as I gain is important.

I think the key to keeping your mobility is to keep moving and exercising, even though it can be quite difficult as you get larger. Once you stop moving you very quickly "fall off a cliff" and you rapidly lose your fitness. It's definitely hard work to keep your mobility, but it's a lot more difficult to get it back once you lose it.

I fell off the "fitness cliff" after a year of not exercising, and believe me it's damn hard starting from zero when trying to get fitter again.
1 year
12   loading