General

Where are all the 40+ folks hiding?

Remember when the only places online to explore this sexuality were Dimensions and a handful of temporary Yahoo Groups? No? Then rejoice in your youthfulfulness.

Being in my mid-forties, I find it astonishing how few of us middle-aged and older folks there are with an interest in websites catering to our fetish. I recognise that younger folks are, in all likelihood, more open to unusual sexualities than we were when we were young, but are all of my fellow quadragenarians still in the closet/fridge?

I do also understand that, by middle age, most of us will be in long-term, committed relationships, but to me, these sites have never functioned as dating sites, rather as places to explore our sexuality and to discuss experiences.

Where are all my fellow Gen X-ers hiding?
1 year

HanSelo:
Remember when the only places online to explore this sexuality were Dimensions and a handful of temporary Yahoo Groups? No? Then rejoice in your youthfulfulness.

Being in my mid-forties, I find it astonishing how few of us middle-aged and older folks there are with an interest in websites catering to our fetish. I recognise that younger folks are, in all likelihood, more open to unusual sexualities than we were when we were young, but are all of my fellow quadragenarians still in the closet/fridge?

I do also understand that, by middle age, most of us will be in long-term, committed relationships, but to me, these sites have never functioned as dating sites, rather as places to explore our sexuality and to discuss experiences.

Late 40s here, and Dimensions was all I had! 😎

Also not looking for dates! Just... Exploring, always learning, discussing, and not feeling alone in these things I enjoy so much. What a great way to spend some time online with like company!🤘
1 year

HanSelo:

Pffft, what about pre-WWW on direct dial-up BBSes, then Usenet Newsgroups like alt.sex.fat? Hours of image processing from alt.binaries.fat (i think it was?) on my then-already-obsolete Mac Plus to get grainy 1-bit B&W pics of a few nude BBW.

I see a fair number of 40+ (to 60s and sometimes 70s) represent, represent(ing) here, Dimensions, Feabie (few 50+ there that i see), DeviantArt—pretty much most places i go.

Unusual sexualities? Does figuring out one is gender blurry at age 59 count? I already knew i was polysexual from around 50 if not earlier.

In plain sight? (giggle) Though technically i’m Generation Jones (Wikipedia). Thing is, i was the oldest of that generation in my family, so everyone else was younger than me and many were legit Gen X. For the most part i get accepted in that category, and tend to think and behave more that way than the (OK) Boomer stereotypes.

In my case i’m single and would be actively dating if i knew how. Age and near-poverty seem to make me a poor choice, even without having ever had children.

We’re here. Just may not have much to write much of the time.
1 year

Around the year 2000, I checked Dimensions daily, Yahoo groups and was a huge fan of Brooke and her amqzing growing belly.

Before then I thought I was on my own with this fetish. It was reassuring to know I wasn't the only one.
1 year

I'm here
1 year

47 here smiley
1 year

43 here!
1 year

49...again 🤣