Events

Manchester meet - 2nd july 2022

Hi all,

We tried this before, but due to Covid and such we decided to cancel / postpone a meet up.

Now that people seem to be doing more social things again. I think it would be great to revisit this and try and organise a casual meet up!

This is by no means an 'event' and more of a friendly meet and greet to get to know local people in the community.

I'm no longer in Manchester myself, but think it's still a great spot that's easy for us northern folks to get to, with lots on offer in relation to food and drinks!

I am proposing the first Saturday of July 2022. It's far enough away to help gather some interest and for people to save the date in their diary. So hopefully we can get a good number of people together!

If interested, then do post a reply in the forum. Suggestions on which pubs and places people might like to go are very much welcome!
1 year

Just as a shout out for locations...

brewdog.com/uk/bars/uk/brewdog-manchester
1 year

Just another suggestion....theoasthouse.uk.com/
1 year

I'm interested....
1 year

FatAsButter:
I'm interested....

Yay!

Come on northern folks, lets get together! It would be nice to get some social events on the calender and meet you lovely people!
1 year

c00kie:
Hi all,

We tried this before, but due to Covid and such we decided to cancel / postpone a meet up.

Now that people seem to be doing more social things again. I think it would be great to revisit this and try and organise a casual meet up!

This is by no means an 'event' and more of a friendly meet and greet to get to know local people in the community.

I'm no longer in Manchester myself, but think it's still a great spot that's easy for us northern folks to get to, with lots on offer in relation to food and drinks!

I am proposing the first Saturday of July 2022. It's far enough away to help gather some interest and for people to save the date in their diary. So hopefully we can get a good number of people together!

If interested, then do post a reply in the forum. Suggestions on which pubs and places people might like to go are very much welcome!

Livestream for those of us in the U.S.? I’d love to be there and meet some of our beautiful members, but technology will have to do for now :-)
1 year

Haha that would be cool! Sometimes I do think it's a shame that some of the people I know best on here are so far away and unlikely to meet in person... But YAY... Technology making things better for everyone!
1 year

Manchester on 2nd of July is perfect for me! Well on board for this!
In terms of suggestions for places:

Crazy Pedro's, a bar that does weird and tasty pizzas

Yard and coop, amazing fried chicken and cocktails
^both in the northern quarter
1 year

aceofsnakes:
Manchester on 2nd of July is perfect for me! Well on board for this!
In terms of suggestions for places:

Crazy Pedro's, a bar that does weird and tasty pizzas

Yard and coop, amazing fried chicken and cocktails
^both in the northern quarter

Both of these sound great! I'm pretty easy really so we can leave it open, unless someone has a preference?

What time should we meet up then folks? I am thinking I might get to Manchester around 1pm-ish - but if that's too early I can always do a spot of shopping!!!

c00kie
1 year

Aww sounds awesome but I’ve broken my ankle and doubt I’ll be able to make it. Would have been up for it otherwise.
1 year
1234   loading