Gaining

Delays in eating to gaining

So a huge part of it is when you're eating and how you're getting your carbs (sugars). Eating a lot at the end of the day or at night after not eating for several hours; and then going to sleep/chilling before bed is very fast way to gain weight because it plays with your metabolism.
2 years

I think I know what you are speaking of - I typically see physical gains on my body after eating a lot more usually 2 weeks after give it take.

I noticed this phenomenon a while ago, waiting around for the weight to pile on after eating a ton.

The similar effect with heavy cream, being that after you stop drinking it you see yourself continue to gain and add fat and weight much after your, it seems like it just continues to show up on your body.
1 year

voluptuouslover:
I think I know what you are speaking of - I typically see physical gains on my body after eating a lot more usually 2 weeks after give it take.

I noticed this phenomenon a while ago, waiting around for the weight to pile on after eating a ton.

The similar effect with heavy cream, being that after you stop drinking it you see yourself continue to gain and add fat and weight much after your, it seems like it just continues to show up on your body.

Bigwideland:
Yes the lag effect, it does suggest the energy is stored as something very light. Then converted to fat that must have more water and thus weight. Note sure any biologists here. My experience is that having more calories that required for a week, then just you need base line calories the next week seems not get you much weight gain. You have overeat for a good month to see a sustained increase sometimes.

When you eat or drink anything, your body absorbs the nutrients and processes it accordingly as fuel. Anything your body cannot burn off gets stored as fat. So yes, there is a delayed effect.

Here is an article that gives a general breakdown of how it all works.

www.healthline.com/nutrition/how-long-does-it-take-to-gain-weight
1 year