General

Texting etiquette

If I’m sending a text and I know they’re at work or maybe it’s kinda late I will make sure to put all my thoughts into one text.

If I’m having an active conversation I’m usually going to send multiple texts.

Some close friends that I have a silly dynamic with I will absolutely blow their shit up. Or if I’m trying to get their attention or it’s my kids and they aren’t answering… I will send each letter of a word as an individual text because I am obnoxious af. 🫠

So it might look like this…

A
N
S
W
E
R

M
E

I think you can usually tell by the way someone texts you what their personal preference may be if you’re trying to be mindful,
1 year

Texting etiquette

I typically send multiple messages if I’m excited or have one long message with each different point in it’s own paragraph.

I do agree with Elle, that if I know the person is busy or it’s late at night I’d try to send just one message but each to their own!

I am also one of those people who see a message when I’m really busy, will be like I’ll reply later then forget for a few days 😅
1 year

Texting etiquette

I text similar to how I talk. For example, I typically pause a lot when I talk for emphasis and dramatic affect. So I will break up my texts based on that.

I do write in paragraphs occasionally, but only when I feel it will improve readability. No one has complained thus far, but I also don't spam people either. I will only send one or two texts initially, then wait for a response to decide how chatty I should be.
1 year

Texting etiquette

I’m a writer by profession. So my texts tend to stick to proper grammar, with emojis mixed in to add emotion. My style on here, however, is a bit looser. I like using the smiley to keep everyone smiling and happy despite the ups and downs in life :-)
1 year

Texting etiquette

HappyBigBelly:
I’m a writer by profession. So my texts tend to stick to proper grammar, with emojis mixed in to add emotion. My style on here, however, is a bit looser. I like using the smiley to keep everyone smiling and happy despite the ups and downs in life :-)

That's pretty cool you're a writer by profession. I'm a hobbyist myself, but I think I do a good job.

What genre do you write, if you don't mind my asking?
1 year

Texting etiquette

HappyBigBelly:

Munchies:
That's pretty cool you're a writer by profession. I'm a hobbyist myself, but I think I do a good job.

I’ve been in the MSM, albeit in a small town. Reporting is a bit different than what we read here, which is some good stuff. The fanfic gaining stories here can be awfully good.

You do well, from what I can see :-) Overall, I just enjoy passing along encouraging words to those who seem real here :-)
1 year

Texting etiquette

HappyBigBelly:

Munchies:

HappyBigBelly:
I’ve been in the MSM, albeit in a small town. Reporting is a bit different than what we read here, which is some good stuff. The fanfic gaining stories here can be awfully good.

You do well, from what I can see :-) Overall, I just enjoy passing along encouraging words to those who seem real here :-)

Thank you. I've spent years honing my craft, and I am glad it shows. Of course, I am always looking for ways to improve.

Hey, small town journalism is very important. I'd argue that without local news, small town or not, journalism would collapse.
1 year

Texting etiquette

HappyBigBelly:

Munchies:

HappyBigBelly:

Munchies:
Thank you. I've spent years honing my craft, and I am glad it shows. Of course, I am always looking for ways to improve.

Hey, small town journalism is very important. I'd argue that without local news, small town or not, journalism would collapse.

Oh, it’s surely collapsing as we type — but I do my little part to spread the craft :-)

I like to say, “Output creates the need for input,” as it relates to food consumption. It’s why I’ve gained such a large belly in middle age. So busy writing that I eat a lot, ha.
1 year