General

The psychology of it all...

I wonder if anyone of an academic background or those who have done their own research can tell me why are we into feederism and fat appreciation? Where does that fetish come from?

I find big, curvaceous women and gaining very erotic. Its my jam. But where has this come from? Why do I not pursue cake farts or sportswear models?

These things are deeply fascinating, I love finding out how things work etc. So any enlightenment would be appreciated
1 year

I also am curious!
1 year

TonerLow:
I've heard Dr. Drew mention in a podcast that stuffing fetishes likely come from being overfed as an infant.

As far as why I am into that as an admirer/feeder? No clue...

I mean, every person is different. There's no one way to gain a fetish. If you are interested, I found some things about fetishes in general. It's not about feedism, but I feel like this applies to every fetish in existence.

www.healthline.com/health-news/what-causes-sexual-fetishes

1 year

I've been around various online discussions where people have tried to find some common cause, and really nobody had much luck, there were a lot variables.

I've seen a few people attempt academic papers around FAs or feedism, but none really seemed to get too deep into causes.

I know that I've not seen everything out there, but just saying that some people have given the topic a real try without finding any one thing that is the common cause.
1 year

Edxl:
I've been around various online discussions where people have tried to find some common cause, and really nobody had much luck, there were a lot variables.

I've seen a few people attempt academic papers around FAs or feedism, but none really seemed to get too deep into causes.

I know that I've not seen everything out there, but just saying that some people have given the topic a real try without finding any one thing that is the common cause.

It's like you said. There are too many variables.

It's like asking people why is there favorite color their favorite color. Two people can like the exact same color for wildly different reasons.
1 year

There’s a book called The Erotic Mind… and it delves into understanding our erotic themes and the whys and the complicated feelings some of the more niche ones provoke.

So if you’re looking to explore the whys for yourself more I would highly recommend it.

In general it’s a fascinating book. My kinks and needs are always evolving and fluctuating and so I’ve read it a few times. Even helped me understand some of my behaviors that aren’t even sexual!
1 year

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

I find these things deeply fascinating and agree, over time I guess my fantasies/fetishes have matured.

Just trying to find a link like how some say finding some women with wide hips attractive means good birthing genes. Then, I would say loving a large person means they know where the good food is at?

Maybe that is what it is? FAs are just subconsciously looking for a decent food source. Gaining is about stocking up for the winter?
1 year

Soundwave87:
Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

I find these things deeply fascinating and agree, over time I guess my fantasies/fetishes have matured.

Just trying to find a link like how some say finding some women with wide hips attractive means good birthing genes. Then, I would say loving a large person means they know where the good food is at?

Maybe that is what it is? FAs are just subconsciously looking for a decent food source. Gaining is about stocking up for the winter?

I don't know about that. I'm an FA, and it's not like that for me. Mind you, I am attracted to a variety of body types. I just prefer fat men.

For me, fat is sensual. It's almost like watching a knetic sculpture. It's warm and inviting. It's comforting. It's as it it begs you to stop a moment from the hustle and bustle to just ... admire it's form.

It's even better when a man is fat, knows he's fat, and wants to get fatter. Just lose himself in the bliss of it all. It's so decadent. It's like art.
1 year

cuddlist:
There is a book for those interested - 'Feederism: Eating, Weight Gain, Sexual Pleasure,' by Kathy Charles and Michael Palkowski. I only dipped into it, but its available for download on www.bb-ok.cc

Are you quite sure on that link? I went there and it acted like a scam site.

Munchies:
For me, fat is sensual. It's almost like watching a knetic sculpture. It's warm and inviting. It's comforting. It's as it it begs you to stop a moment from the hustle and bustle to just ... admire it's form.

This is my experience too.

Several years ago in late November, i had the honor of attending one of the very few in-person fatosphere events of my life (so far?). Maybe 50 people, including some extremely famous models in our community. It was basically a potluck at a private home nothing about a meat/meet market. I was legitimately worried about being over-aroused sexually.

Wasn’t a problem, at all. I felt comfortable. I felt soothed. I felt like i’d come home to a family i’d never before met. I’m 95% attracted to women, yet fat men’s and women’s bodies both were moving in mesmerizing, poetic manners, as each person merely walked around as part of their normal lives.

Fat looks sensual. Fat feels sensual. Seeing and especially being intimate with soft flowing fat heals me in ways no medicine, psychotherapy, nor anything else can. Sadly for me, due to my too-extensive medical history i seem unable to carry my own abundant soft subcutaneous fat, so i have to seek out others who can, and are at least at peace carrying it if not loving doing so.

Fat Admiration can be quite literal.
1 year

To soundcheck87 what you are about to do is go down a rabbit hole with no end in sight.
In the past I was a gainer but wasn't into feederism. Admired fat men and women but not obsessed by it like some here.
Gaining weight was something I enjoyed but it was never a fetish I had.
I have had plenty of people that asked me what was I doing on a fetish site if I didn't have a fat fetish or into feederism.
I support men and women who love being fat and I am here as moral support I guess.
Two ladies I met on the dimensions web site asked me to join here so we could hang out.
I guess I fit in OK because after all I am fat !
1 year
12   loading