Fat experiences

Too fat to run?

shouldigetbigger89:
I am up about 65 lbs and am still getting out 2 to 3 times a week on a run. My time has slowed down but otherwise the only real issue I am running into is my thighs chaffing.

If you get past 300 or so, you won't be running regularly anymore. It would be too cumbersome and awkward.
1 year

Too fat to run?

Well it definitely all depends on your stamina and weight. I think it’s fair to say that most people 220+ wont jog 5km. I can’t anymore, I don’t want to anymore. But I’ve had to sprint in some occasions for work, healthcare worker here, and I was astonished that I could still sprint for 100-200 meters and only be moderately out of breath for less then a minute.
1 year

Too fat to run?

FattMatt:
Well it definitely all depends on your stamina and weight. I think it’s fair to say that most people 220+ wont jog 5km. I can’t anymore, I don’t want to anymore. But I’ve had to sprint in some occasions for work, healthcare worker here, and I was astonished that I could still sprint for 100-200 meters and only be moderately out of breath for less then a minute.

The power of adrenline, lol.

But yeah. If you keep your strength and cardiovascular health in good shape, you won't tire as easily.

It's like how people at normal weights can be out of breath after doing very little.
1 year

Too fat to run?

People seem to forget that being fat doesn’t equal being massively out of shape. If you keep working out, you can be fat and in shape. Sure you’ll never be able to be athletic. But you don’t have to be wheezing and out of breath everytime you get up just because you weigh 300+ pounds.
Ever seen the strongest people alive, they all have a pretty good layer of fat over their muscles.
1 year

Too fat to run?

FattMatt:
People seem to forget that being fat doesn’t equal being massively out of shape. If you keep working out, you can be fat and in shape. Sure you’ll never be able to be athletic. But you don’t have to be wheezing and out of breath everytime you get up just because you weigh 300+ pounds.
Ever seen the strongest people alive, they all have a pretty good layer of fat over their muscles.

This is true. Idk what part of the healthcare industry you're in, but I do know a lot of y'all need to be in fairly decent shape.
1 year

Too fat to run?

FattMatt:
People seem to forget that being fat doesn’t equal being massively out of shape. If you keep working out, you can be fat and in shape. Sure you’ll never be able to be athletic.

There is an inevitable inertia to being that heavy, and it only increases with weight. Even in shape, people aren't made to lug around 300-, 400-, 500-pound plus bodies.
1 year

Too fat to run?

FattMatt:
People seem to forget that being fat doesn’t equal being massively out of shape. If you keep working out, you can be fat and in shape. Sure you’ll never be able to be athletic.

spoop skerry:
There is an inevitable inertia to being that heavy, and it only increases with weight. Even in shape, people aren't made to lug around 300-, 400-, 500-pound plus bodies.

You might be able to get away with the 300 range depending on body composition. But 400+? Yeah, your speed and stamina are taking a hit.
1 year

Too fat to run?

I definitely can’t run far, I haven’t been able to for years. I get tired too quickly, plus I hate being out of breath. I’ve been out of shape for years and that’s probably not going to change anytime soon!
1 year

Too fat to run?

I can probably do short sprints alright (of course I haven't checked recently) but I'm pretty sure i'd suck at any sustained running. I've noticed in the past 30 pounds or so that I even walk noticeably slower than I used to, which is kind of a turn on TBH.
1 year

Too fat to run?

I always hated running even when I was skinny.
If I ran now my flab would probably beat me to death.
1 year
123   loading