Feedback and suggestions

Suggestion: always display full user name

Something which has long annoyed me about FF is the way longer user names are truncated (…) in at least some views.

I fully understand there are difficult tradeoffs between readable font sizes, fitting long user names into layouts cleanly, and the vast array of different screen sizes we use, however the way things are, it is far too difficult to make out too many user’s names.

Here are 2 screenshots from a few weeks ago illustrating the problem: 3 wholly different users whose names come out identically (other than initial capitalization in one case) due to ellipsis truncation:

Please strongly consider finding some way to always display full user names in all views. It would be good to work something out which works for everyone on every platform and screen size, but if that proves impossible, please at least provide a setting for each site member to enable full user name display (possibly trading off a small font size or some other tradeoff).

Thank you for considering this request, which i believe will make it easier for us to keep every unique individual on the system clear in our minds from every other.
1 year

Just looking at the screenshots, it should be possible to show more than 9 characters. Maybe 16 characters? Possibly even 20?

It might be possible to make more room for username length if the country flag could be on the same line as age, weight, and self-identified category.

But as a practical matter, it may not be possible to disable the truncation entirely. I'm not actually sure what the maximum username length is, for one thing. Disabling truncation would mean some usernames may spill over the sides, if the username is too long. Defining a different font size based on the user account logged in may be possible, but may require a substantial effort.
1 year

Yes you're both right, the truncated usernames are annoying. Probably I'll move the flag icon, and juggle things around in other places.
1 year