General

Weight related commercials

I saw a recent thread about weight gain in movies a d on TV but I figured to ask if anyone's seen or can find a few commercials I remember seeing over the years. Most of them were actually weight loss ads but with a twist.

One was a doctor reading off a list of what the person they are weighing ate over the holidays and keeps pushing the scale bar up after each item.

Another was a closeup of some dudes belly at Thanksgiving dinner and he keeps saying "pass me this, pass me that" until the belly expands and a button flies off. The voice over says "could you pass my button?"

Another which I *think* was a Special K cereal commercial where a woman in a red bathrobe is bent over putting presents under a Christmas tree and a girl up the stairs goes "Santa!" before the canera pans to the woman's face looking miffed.

I vaguely remember one when I was a kid where a bunch of people are in front of opened presents and saying what they got for Christmas. One lady says "a big butt" and some guy goes "15 extra pounds".

I very clearly remember the Subway commercials from aboit 15 yesrs ago where this couple orders various things like "thunder thighs" "double chin" and "double blubber" at the drive-thru.

Last, there was a Friendlies commercial in the 90's where this gigantic sundae is placed in front of a woman and her eyes go bug eyed before we cut to the food itself being advertised. We cut back to a Violet Beuregard-esque round ball of the lady as her friends try to push her out the door to no avail.

Anyone remember these or have some of their own?
1 year

Last, there was a Friendlies commercial in the 90's where this gigantic sundae is placed in front of a woman and her eyes go bug eyed before we cut to the food itself being advertised. We cut back to a Violet Beuregard-esque round ball of the lady as her friends try to push her out the door to no avail.

Is that where this gif comes from?

www.deviantart.com/apexreaper12/art/Fat-Free-Ice-Cream-Weight-Gain-777562650

Always loved it for how easy it makes gaining look!
1 year

Superfatman:
Is that where this gif comes from?

www.deviantart.com/apexreaper12/art/Fat-Free-Ice-Cream-Weight-Gain-777562650

Always loved it for how easy it makes gaining look!

That's it! Maybe I was wrong about being a Friendlies commercial but that's what I saw. Glad I wasn't imagining it lol
1 year