General

Cosplaying when fat

Anyone else a fat cosplayer? Any gender. Ideas for characters to cosplay as a fat person? Other tips, comments, etc welcome
1 year

Cosplaying when fat

nombinary:
Anyone else a fat cosplayer? Any gender. Ideas for characters to cosplay as a fat person? Other tips, comments, etc welcome

I'm not fat but I am a cosplayer who is fat friendly.
1 year

Cosplaying when fat

All I can tell you, is you're gonna have to learn to sew and craft or get some custom made because sometimes you won't be able to buy components. It's the only reason I've ever done one cosplay. I would deff love to do more tho
1 year

Cosplaying when fat

I want to cosplay as Ramba Ral from gundam but suck at making clothing
1 year

Cosplaying when fat

Nombinary:

Depends on what you want to do, cause the easiest is doing a fat version of a character from the fat episode of some anime. The other is just cosplaying what you want.

Try breaking down a cosplay i to components this will allow you to mix and match parts as you need, if you are not familiar with sewing.

If you are not comfortable showing skin then you can just use a fabric under shit to go under the cosplay.

I tend to go with lose clothing cosplay like Len from vocaloid, at the end of the day you should cosplay the things you want to or like cosplay, look at what you need and if theres something not lining up, search in cosplay.com or use youtube to check for tutorials on pieces or modifications you need.

Most pro cosplayers just use hot glue and stamples. So theres not much to it. Just enjoy what you do.
1 year

Cosplaying when fat

Somewhat off-topic, but I always appreciate when someone who is very fat wears a costume for a character that's portrayed as quite skinny or fit, though only if you can duplicate the same costume in the correct fit, and it's not a total cop out. e.g. Agent Smith from the Matrix would be a cop out, because that just needs a black tie, a regular two piece black suit, a tie bar, and a long sleeve white shirt with a point collar.

Examples include, but aren't necessarily limited to:

- Jessica Rabbit
- Lara Croft
- Alice (Resident Evil)
- Trinity/Neo (Matrix)
- Link/Zelda/Malon (Legend of Zelda)
- Peach Toadstool/Toad (Mario series)
- Booker/Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)

Sometimes, a character is portrayed as having different outfits, so some might be easier to duplicate than others. For example, regarding Elizabeth in Bioshock, the first half is portrayed as having a white blouse and a dark blue maxi skirt, which is much easier than the second half of the game, where she wears a dark blue corset, a blue velvet maxi skirt, and a decorative overcoat, also made from blue velvet.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates this. It sends an unspoken message to other fat people that they can cosplay as thin characters.
1 year