General

Face fat

ljo303:
Does anyone know if there's any way to gain weight without it showing much on your face? Or to lose face fat without necessarily losing weight?

Unfortunately, that is not possible without surgery. You cannot "spot reduce." Some people can gain 500 lbs, and not a bit of it goes to their face. Some people gain 10 lbs and get chipmunk cheeks. It happens.
1 year

Face fat

ljo303:
Does anyone know if there's any way to gain weight without it showing much on your face? Or to lose face fat without necessarily losing weight?

Munchies:
Unfortunately, that is not possible without surgery. You cannot "spot reduce." Some people can gain 500 lbs, and not a bit of it goes to their face. Some people gain 10 lbs and get chipmunk cheeks. It happens.

What Munchies said. Where you gain your weight is determined by genetics and hormones and a few other factors that can contribute as well. For example, women with PCOS are more prone to gaining weight in their face than women without.
1 year

Face fat

ljo303:

Munchies:

doublefrosted:
What Munchies said. Where you gain your weight is determined by genetics and hormones and a few other factors that can contribute as well. For example, women with PCOS are more prone to gaining weight in their face than women without.

Can confirm. I have PCOS, and although I am not fat and in great shape, I have slightly chubby cheeks.
1 year

Face fat

I remember watching an old Jack LaLanne work out video where he teaches how to work out your face and neck.. worth a try lol
1 year

Face fat

Genetics indeed plays a role in weight gain. I take after the men on my mother’s side. Medium frame and a beach ball belly that can only grow with consistent eating. My wife takes after her dad’s side, where fat comes with puberty and sticks around pretty much a lifetime ;-)
1 year

Face fat

Lovethefat33:
I remember watching an old Jack LaLanne work out video where he teaches how to work out your face and neck.. worth a try lol

I remember watching videos where people would do facial exercises to trim the face or to reduce their double chin.
1 year

Face fat

I think gaining and losing weight might help with this. Some people tend to gain weight in their butt and thighs and belly first and then lose weight in their face and arms and boobs first. Enough cycles of this and you may even have some collar bones showing but still be in the ssbbw category

but like what others said, this is still a genetic thing.... but it's a *different* genetic thing that might be applicable if you don't naturally gain in this way
1 year

Face fat

Lovethefat33:
m

I’d be curious to hear about this. All
Those old fat exercise shows are interesting.

I’ve always been curious about having one of those old fashioned vibrating belt machines used on me…
9 months

Face fat

For men a well groomed beard might help mitigate some of it. I’m not sure how women can. I’m a bit sensitive about having a chubby face so I get it, it’s just one of those things you kinda gotta learn to accept about yourself.
9 months