Gaining

How to avoid\break past frequent plateau's?

Any advice for how to keep up gaining momentum? I tend to only gain in smaller spurts and then get stuck again or keep reverting back to a set weight point for months on end.
Also how best to gain on a budget, especially with rising food costs?
EDIT: I am well versed in using HWC with various mixers, adding to shakes, ice cream exe, even mixing into food. It does help alot.

I would really like to pack on 20 - 30 pounds in a shorter span of time, or realistically be at least 25# heavier by 2023. Has anyone managed that big of gain on their own in under 6 months? How so? Any feedback is appreciated.
1 year

Same here. Used HC on/off last few years and it did help me get over plateau in past, and kept that weight on.
That said my most recent attempts have been for naught. I managed to diligently finish off 5qts of the stuff in about 9 or so days. Bought 2 at a time and mixed into 1000+ calorie shakes and glasses of milk among other things over 2/3 days, repeat.

Was less on the ball for 2 weeks following but prolly drank 8 quarts in under a month mixed with other calories. Still at 270... How much did you need to drink for 20 pounds? Any good calorie dense mixers you'd suggest?
1 year

It surely takes a while gaining when metabolism has been fast forever. I’m only now getting past 200 after just eating more full meals and an occasional heavy cream. The cream surely puts on the pounds, though it makes me sluggish :-)
1 year

I have gained exclusively with heavy cream, and have also run into some plateaus. I'm in the process of regaining from my current weight of 243.4 pounds, to a previous high of 269 pounds.

I have changed things up this time by adding some more protein to my diet. I figured my body would need some extra protein to grow and create new fat cells. We'll see how things go.

I drink a lot of heavy whipping cream. During this gaining cycle, I will be drinking about 10 fluid ounces at a time, and I'll do this four times per day. After some reading and experimentation, I have learned that this is about the most my body can handle. If I try drinking larger servings and/or drinking it more than four times per day, I'll start experiencing gastrointestinal discomfort. The body can only absorb about 1,000 calories of fat in one sitting.

By drinking this much heavy whipping cream, I can typically gain almost 20 pounds per four-week gaining cycle. I gained 19.4 pounds during my last gaining cycle.

I post updates in my Resume Weight Gain thread. I probably won't reach my previous high of 269 pounds until my next gaining cycle. Lets see if the extra protein makes a difference.

I hope this information is helpful. I look forward to seeing you break through that plateau.
1 year