Gaining

Heavy cream weight did not stick

Hi I tried using Heavy cream or really double cream here in the UK 300ml every night for 4 nights in a row (around 800 calories each night). A week later I seem to be back to where I started maybe 1lb heavier. Any help with what I am doing wrong?
1 year

From what I hear it takes a few weeks of consistent use and/or delayed response.
1 year

Imnothereghost:
Hi I tried using Heavy cream or really double cream here in the UK 300ml every night for 4 nights in a row (around 800 calories each night). A week later I seem to be back to where I started maybe 1lb heavier. Any help with what I am doing wrong?

Heavy cream is good at putting weight on you. My feedee practically drinks the stuff like water, and he is huge. However, your metabolism still exists. Four days of indulgence isn't enough to change that. And if your calorie consumption isn't enough to maintain that weight, you will lose it.

It has nothing to do with the cream. There is nothing wrong with you. Its just basic biology.

That being said, you may benefit from more sustainable methods. If you are like most people and simply struggle to chug the stuff, you can use it as an ingredient for drinks and dishes. Alternatively, if the issue is price, then consider cheaper options like peanut butter.

Rapid weight gains are very difficult to sustain. You may need to adjust your expectations.

Or be super intense (and a little bit insane) like my feedee.
1 year

HC definitely works but it sure makes me sluggish to drink an entire pint. Better to break it up into portions.
1 year

HappyBigBelly:
HC definitely works but it sure makes me sluggish to drink an entire pint. Better to break it up into portions.

My feedee doesn't drink it straight. He usually mixes it with chocolate milk and drinks it throughout the day. Last time he tried to chug it, he passed out. Although, it was a *lot* of heavy cream. I haven't let him do that since.
1 year

HappyBigBelly:

Munchies:
My feedee doesn't drink it straight. He usually mixes it with chocolate milk and drinks it throughout the day. Last time he tried to chug it, he passed out. Although, it was a *lot* of heavy cream. I haven't let him do that since.

Now, why didn’t I think of doing that? :-)
1 year

HappyBigBelly:

Munchies:

HappyBigBelly:
Now, why didn’t I think of doing that? :-)

Well now you are. 🤭
1 year

Imnothereghost:

As stated above, add it to things to make it more consistent.
One week gaining cycles are rarely successful no matter the method (gorging, couch based week, junk, candy, cream).

Always aim at 12 week cycles for either gains or losses.

With cream, the wife usually has a 3 month period where we sub it for milk (or supplement by making a half and half double cream/ whole milk). Firstly this consistently adds a lot of calories to the diet and secondly it gives the body time to get used to the added fat and hopefully adjust its enzymes accordingly to help with digestion.

I know cream can be expensive so 90days can be taxing: to help tesco and other stores has large pots of double cream on offer quite often including on yellow lable so you can freeze them in portions using an icecube bag. Add them to smoothies to cool them down, add them to sauces to make them rich, add them to coffee and blend to make frapuccinos.
1 year

Imnothereghost:

One week gaining cycles are rarely successful no matter the method (gorging, couch based week, junk, candy, cream).

With cream, the wife usually has a 3 month period where we sub it for milk (or supplement by making a half and half double cream/ whole milk). Firstly this consistently adds a lot of calories to the diet and secondly it gives the body time to get used to the added fat and hopefully adjust its enzymes accordingly to help with digestion.

I know cream can be expensive so 90days can be taxing: to help tesco and other stores has large pots of double cream on offer quite often including on yellow lable so you can freeze them in portions using an icecube bag. Add them to smoothies to cool them down, add them to sauces to make them rich, add them to coffee and blend to make frapuccinos.
1 year

LondonFA:

I know cream can be expensive so 90days can be taxing: to help tesco and other stores has large pots of double cream on offer quite often including on yellow lable so you can freeze them in portions using an icecube bag. Add them to smoothies to cool them down, add them to sauces to make them rich, add them to coffee and blend to make frapuccinos.[/quote]

Hey so how much cream does she start on per day?
1 year
12   loading