Gaining

Heavy cream weight did not stick

LondonFA:
As stated above, add it to things to make it more consistent.
One week gaining cycles are rarely successful no matter the method (gorging, couch based week, junk, candy, cream).

Always aim at 12 week cycles for either gains or losses.

With cream, the wife usually has a 3 month period where we sub it for milk (or supplement by making a half and half double cream/ whole milk). Firstly this consistently adds a lot of calories to the diet and secondly it gives the body time to get used to the added fat and hopefully adjust its enzymes accordingly to help with digestion.

I know cream can be expensive so 90days can be taxing: to help tesco and other stores has large pots of double cream on offer quite often including on yellow lable so you can freeze them in portions using an icecube bag. Add them to smoothies to cool them down, add them to sauces to make them rich, add them to coffee and blend to make frapuccinos.[/quote]

Hey so how much cream does she start on per day?
1 year

LondonFA:
As stated above, add it to things to make it more consistent.
One week gaining cycles are rarely successful no matter the method (gorging, couch based week, junk, candy, cream).

Always aim at 12 week cycles for either gains or losses.

With cream, the wife usually has a 3 month period where we sub it for milk (or supplement by making a half and half double cream/ whole milk). Firstly this consistently adds a lot of calories to the diet and secondly it gives the body time to get used to the added fat and hopefully adjust its enzymes accordingly to help with digestion.

I know cream can be expensive so 90days can be taxing: to help tesco and other stores has large pots of double cream on offer quite often including on yellow lable so you can freeze them in portions using an icecube bag. Add them to smoothies to cool them down, add them to sauces to make them rich, add them to coffee and blend to make frapuccinos.

AlmostOverweight:
Hey so how much cream does she start on per day?[/quote]

So we normally start at 2 600ml Double cream pots every 3 days going to 1 per day at minimum by the end of week 2. Again it's all incremental and it's just about gradually moving the milk in stuff like coffee toward more cream.

Being somewhat sedentary during the gaining periods helps too so summer vacations where iced cream based drinks or cocktails help or winter where it's her AM latte which we steam a mug that's half double cream half milk and a nespresso shot and 8 sugars with her breakfast grilled cheese sandwich.

Also sauces: cream based pasta sauces and cream based sauces for fish are great especially with a late evening meal.

As a side note she just (August 9th) had a checkup with her GP [physician] and has normal cholesterol and very good liver function so no issues so far except a bit of a sore back. But at nearly 37 and 134kg and a clingy 3 year old I think that's par for the course.

In summary, do ramp up over a couple of weeks, weight your consumption toward more.near rest periods (or stay more sedentary in general) but also try keep the spacing of it throughout your meals instead of a 1 pot chug once a day.
1 year

Okay ill try this instead 👌 I think maybe my issue was that i drank too much cream without eating anything. Would you say that has any kind of affect on being able to digest it properly?
1 year

I used heavy cream to gain as I had a hard time eating enough. With about 3 months of drinking about a pint a day/every other day. I did this twice with maybe a month break in-between. I went from 150ish lbs to about 200lbs. When I stopped I've gone down to about 190lbs. Now I'm starting up again. As many have said, doing it for a while is needed. Meaning weeks or months. I can drink it straight but that is difficult for many. Also as many have said to break it up thru the day. I would always chug some after eating and before bed. It does work and very well too. Even for someone who has had a very hard time gaining in the past. Best of luck! smiley
1 year

Around 2 weeks of, on average, 1 cup of cream every night, plus eating as much as I could each day, brought me a roughly 10 lb gain has stuck to me very well, even though I used to always struggle to keep weight on. If the 12 weeks some other people are recommending is too scary for you, 2 weeks could be a good minimum. Of course, 12 weeks would DEFINITELY stick, so if you have the money, persistence, and guts to do it then 12 weeks would surely solve your problem while 2 weeks still has a bit of a luck element involved. I’ll second that you are unlikely to get any meaningful gain from 4 days, no matter what you were doing in those 4 days.

To get real weight to come on in the first place and not just water weight, track your calories and make sure you are eating at LEAST enough to maintain your weight each day before drinking the cream. Cream can kill your appetite if you’re not careful, and that can sabotage your gain.
1 year
12   loading