General

Activity and weight gain.

I am trying to gain weight, I'm consuming double my normal calories and then some and the weight just isn't appearing.
Now I have a very hectic lifestyle with two young kids to run after so I average at least 2500 calories burnt each day, that's including my resting calories.
My question is how can I remain as active as I am (and I can't slow down because this is literally what it takes to keep my house clean and my kids happy and fed) but also gain weight? I'm constantly eating and snacking, going for higher calorie foods, having protein powder shakes to up the calories, I've been trying to gain for over a month now and I'm just yo-yoing at the same weight 🙄
I am getting bigger because I've outgrown most of my clothes but the scales aren't going up??
1 year

Well first, its good to have an active life, even if it can be hectic at times. As far as gaining goes, everyone plateaus at some point, your body just adjusts to the influx of calories. To break out of a plateau try to focus less on the scale and more on enjoying your meals and snacks. The happier you are the more fat you'll pack on, I don't know what the correlation is but it works. Having the right mindset is everything. One of the reasons feeders become feedees is because they get comfortable & content around food, their bodies just go into gaining mode when you're in that mindset.
1 year

Good Girls Grow:
I am trying to gain weight, I'm consuming double my normal calories and then some and the weight just isn't appearing.
Now I have a very hectic lifestyle with two young kids to run after so I average at least 2500 calories burnt each day, that's including my resting calories.
My question is how can I remain as active as I am (and I can't slow down because this is literally what it takes to keep my house clean and my kids happy and fed) but also gain weight? I'm constantly eating and snacking, going for higher calorie foods, having protein powder shakes to up the calories, I've been trying to gain for over a month now and I'm just yo-yoing at the same weight 🙄
I am getting bigger because I've outgrown most of my clothes but the scales aren't going up??

It takes time and a constant change of habits. Also, consider where you are getting you getting your calories from and how available they are. If you’re adding them just as fats you will see a slower gain than a mix of fats and sugars (carbs). Re weight vs size, its possible you’re losing muscle mass while getting fatter so the denser muscle tissue was what was maintaining your pre gaining weight. It sound like you are on the track of getting fat, but need to give it time.
1 year

Good Girls Grow:

LondonFA:
It takes time and a constant change of habits. Also, consider where you are getting you getting your calories from and how available they are. If you’re adding them just as fats you will see a slower gain than a mix of fats and sugars (carbs). Re weight vs size, its possible you’re losing muscle mass while getting fatter so the denser muscle tissue was what was maintaining your pre gaining weight. It sound like you are on the track of getting fat, but need to give it time.

A month isn't long enough to see significant gains when you have an active lifestyle. Patience and consistency are key.

I do disagree about the muscle atrophy, however. It's been about a month. Since you're pretty active, you probably haven't had the chance to lose any muscle. Or at least, not a significant amount.

What's probably happening is that you are gaining subcutaneous fat. Fat is less dense than muscle. Here's a picture of a pound of fat compared to a pound of muscle.

Since you care for young kids, a slower gain may be for the best. At least until you don't have to be as active just to keep up with them. But that's just my two cents.

That being said, you may want to consider drinking your calories. It is easier to get down than food, and it's much more portable than snacks. Juice, smoothies, shakes. Whatever you like. You can put it in a travel mug and go about your business. Super convenient.
1 year

I would forget about protein powders for gaining fat. Try cake batter as a much cheaper and fattening alternative. A former feeder friend got her best results drinking pancake batter straight. I also think pastries are a good source of carbs and fats.
1 year

I remember buying 2 large children's cakes from a super market both of them were 30 cms, square and 10 cm.
I ate both of them at home, stuffing everything until I was full. I tried this process of getting full every day, large pizzas, a Chinese for 3......
It does work especially with dairy products like thick cream
1 year

Good Girls Grow:

I can relate to chasing a young one around, in my case a toddler. I’d likely be gaining more if I didn’t have to move around as much.
1 year

Good Girls Grow:

One thing you can do is to have very large meals just before bed so you go to sleep totally stuffed as you burn fat much slower at night. Also eat more sweets and try to see if you can eat a whole cake every day or aim for it. The weight will come and you can also measure your waist, hips and breasts to see how much you actually gain.
1 year

Good Girls Grow:

Baker4BBW:
One thing you can do is to have very large meals just before bed so you go to sleep totally stuffed as you burn fat much slower at night. Also eat more sweets and try to see if you can eat a whole cake every day or aim for it. The weight will come and you can also measure your waist, hips and breasts to see how much you actually gain.

Working towards eating a whole cake is a fun goal. But maybe not eating a cake every day. Good way to get complications.
1 year

Story of my life, I would be bigger, if i didn’t get out the house so much, but I’m remaining 300 & beyond this whole year so far, and love remaining active, the pounds will come. One day.
1 year