Feedback and suggestions

Request: change hyperlink colors to be default obviously visible

The way the FF site is currently coded, certain hyperlinks such as those embedded in Forum messages and shouts show up in the same default black color as surrounding regular text.

With a “fine pointer” (term used by standards groups) device such as a cursor interface traditional computer, hovering over a link turns it red. That’s all well and good, but:

* More and more people are using “coarse pointer” touch interface devices with no concept of “hover”, so anything related to a hovering cursor fails.

* Even with a cursor interface, one has to know or guess that the text is a link.

Suggested remedy: please change the unvisited and visited hyperlink colors to something obviously distinct from message body text, so that no matter what sort of device a person is using, it will be obvious that something is a hyperlink.

If the current behavior is unexpected, i enjoy working with CSS and testing, and don’t mind digging deeper into the issue if that might help. Let me know if this is the case.

If the current behavior is as designed, my request for a change stands.
1 year

Request: change hyperlink colors to be default obviously visible

You're absolutely right about this and thanks for pointing it out. I'll add it to my TODO list.
1 year