Food and recipes

Sugar or carbs

I have a question about gaining I have hit a slump in my gains and I wonder if anyone has any suggestions. And what helps with gains more sugar, or carbs. Thank you all.
1 year

Sugar or carbs

It seems to very from person to person with tolerance, but I'll say that carbs take longer to break into sugars, then both become fat. Sugars should do so faster, so all else being equal, go for sugars.
That being said, neither option makes for healthy gaining.
1 year

Sugar or carbs

I appreciate your response, and thank you I mostly try to be as healthy as I can. Today I had a bag of marshmallows and a box of mac and cheese as yummy as it was it just doesn't feel like it's hitting the fat spot
1 year

Sugar or carbs

I’m on a all carb diet.
1 year

Sugar or carbs

As I know it sugar is a type of carbohydrates. So if you talk about sugar or carbs it's actually the same. Carbohydrates are the most unhealthy type of food and alosothe type of food which is not actually an essential for the human body. That's why you won't find any or only few high-carb diets. Most are high protein, cause it's the building material of the body, to say it simple. Fats are also important for survival, but some are more healthy than others.
So if you wanna be as healthy as possible possible keep some distance from carbohydrates.

In the end it's as simple as that: If you wanna gain, you have to be in a caloric surplus. You can calculate your body's daily intake for keeping the weight (just do some research) or you could track your calories every day for a week or so. That way you'll get a feeling for how much your body needs. Therefore you can use several apps (also here just do some reseach).
If you know your intake just reach it everyday and add more calories and you'll gain.
1 year

Sugar or carbs

Ney:
As I know it sugar is a type of carbohydrates. So if you talk about sugar or carbs it's actually the same. Carbohydrates are the most unhealthy type of food and alosothe type of food which is not actually an essential for the human body. That's why you won't find any or only few high-carb diets. Most are high protein, cause it's the building material of the body, to say it simple. Fats are also important for survival, but some are more healthy than others.
So if you wanna be as healthy as possible possible keep some distance from carbohydrates.

In the end it's as simple as that: If you wanna gain, you have to be in a caloric surplus. You can calculate your body's daily intake for keeping the weight (just do some research) or you could track your calories every day for a week or so. That way you'll get a feeling for how much your body needs. Therefore you can use several apps (also here just do some reseach).
If you know your intake just reach it everyday and add more calories and you'll gain.

It's the other way around. Carbs are a type of sugar. There's two types of sugars: simple and complex.

Simple sugars are easy to absorb. This would be things like fruit or cane sugar. Complex sugars take more effort for the body to absorb and break things down. This would be things like starches or carbohydrates.

That being said, carbs are 100% necessary for the human body to function. It's just that people tend to eat way more carbs than they actually need to eat. For more information, check out this:

www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/161547

Also, most people these days eat a lot of refined carbs. These are carbs that have most of the nutritional value stripped from it. This is why you hear people say things like "eat whole wheat bread instead of white bread." Sure, white bread may taste better to most people. But whole wheat bread has numerous health benefits to it.

Of course, everything in moderation. Eating too much of anything will negate its health benefits.
1 year

Sugar or carbs

Ney:

Munchies:
It's the other way around. Carbs are a type of sugar. There's two types of sugars: simple and complex.

Simple sugars are easy to absorb. This would be things like fruit or cane sugar. Complex sugars take more effort for the body to absorb and break things down. This would be things like starches or carbohydrates.

That being said, carbs are 100% necessary for the human body to function. It's just that people tend to eat way more carbs than they actually need to eat. For more information, check out this:

Also, most people these days eat a lot of refined carbs. These are carbs that have most of the nutritional value stripped from it. This is why you hear people say things like "eat whole wheat bread instead of white bread." Sure, white bread may taste better to most people. But whole wheat bread has numerous health benefits to it.

Of course, everything in moderation. Eating too much of anything will negate its health benefits.

Agree with everything but the semantics; Ney was right. Sugars are water-soluble carbs.

To return to the topic, there is a lot of research linking excess carbohydrate consumption with the development of type 2 diabetes. As with all things, do your research and take steps to mitigate the risks you want to avoid.
1 year

Sugar or carbs

Ney:

Munchies:

PolyPinoyPuppy:
Agree with everything but the semantics; Ney was right. Sugars are water-soluble carbs.

To return to the topic, there is a lot of research linking excess carbohydrate consumption with the development of type 2 diabetes. As with all things, do your research and take steps to mitigate the risks you want to avoid.

Please read the first sentence.
1 year

Sugar or carbs

All in all, maybe try eating a balanced diet, just a larger amount of everything.
1 year

Sugar or carbs

Ney:

Munchies:

PolyPinoyPuppy:

Munchies:

Please read the first sentence.

Further into the article they state the following:
There are three main types of carbohydrates:

Sugars...
Starches...
Fiber...

I believe the meaning of the first sentence in the article is that carbohydrates are one or more sugar molecules in a string, rather than that carbohydrates are a subset of sugar.

At least in biochemical terms, carbohydrates are synonymous with saccharides, subtypes of which are monosaccharides and disaccharides, both commonly referred to as sugars, and polysaccharides, strings of multiple sugar molecules and that include your starches and cellulose (dietary fiber).
1 year