Gaining

Tips for drinking heavy cream?

TubbySlug:
I've been struggling to maintain my weight this summer, as my work has me on my feet a lot. I've been thinking about drinking cream for extra calories, but am a bit unsure. Anyone have some tips?

Drinking heavy cream strait is hard. My feedee mixes chocolate milk in his.

I have a gainer friend that prefers to cook with heavy cream instead of drinking it.
1 year

Some don't like the taste or consistency and ,if in with other things. I actually am fine with just drinking it straight. I've found it's better to drink smaller amounts throughout the day rather than a lot all at once. It has a lot of fat in it and that can not be friendly to your digestive track. Your body can adjust to it. But it can take a week or two for that. Having food with it helps also. Hope that helps! It definitely help me gain and I have a difficult time gaining.
1 year

TubbySlug:
I've been struggling to maintain my weight this summer, as my work has me on my feet a lot. I've been thinking about drinking cream for extra calories, but am a bit unsure. Anyone have some tips?

I sure do! As others have mentioned, you can add flavoring to help with the taste and texture. I drink it straight, but chase it with juice to deal with the aftertaste.

Limit yourself to no more than 1,000 calories at a time. If you're going to drink it multiple times per day, try to spread out the servings. If you can give yourself at least 4 hours in between servings, you should be okay.

As others have mentioned, it can take a week or two for your digestive system to get used to it. If two weeks have passed and you're experiencing excessive gas and/or gastrointestinal discomfort, try reducing the amount per serving and/or the number of times you're drinking it per day.
1 year

In my view, the point of drinking heavy cream is to get in calories when you are already full as it's easier to drink than eat in that situation. I'm not sure that sipping it during the day would be helpful as it might put you off eating as much in your next meal.
1 year

Just mix it with the chocolate milk
1 year

Mix it with a soda like root beer and it tastes just like a float. Or an orange soda like creamsicle, here in Texas we do Dr. Pepper floats as well.
1 year

EmilyW:
Funnel?
Oh, but that's my solution to every problem.

just got my first one, excited to try it !
1 year

I can drink it straight when I know I’m hungry enough to handle an entire pint. Anything larger than that is too much dairy at one time . But make no mistake about it, the stuff WILL make you gain weight :-) I do need to try mixing Hershey’s syrup with it; sounds amazing :-)
1 year

yeah i used choclate syrup and it was amazing. but looking for more oomph since i was comfortably doing a pint a night. thinking cake mix and icecream trying to get a 3k shake
1 year