What's everyone's thoughts on it?

For me I find it a bit scary at times lol
1 year

Thoughts on "miles away" feature

Miachu:
Recently the "Miles away" feature was added

What's everyone's thoughts on it?

For me I find it a bit scary at times lol

If you are looking for an in-person connection, it's a helpful feature.

If you are a stalking victim, like me, it can be kinda scary.

That being said, I protect myself by putting a fake location and not revealing too much about myself or my location.
1 year

I like the opportunity to be able to potentially connect with people that are close to me!

I’m also privileged to be able to be out about the fact that I’m polyamorous and kinky without fear of repercussions.
1 year

I think it's great!

It also doesn't really change much, since you can search for profiles and there's an option to limit to a certain given radius.

I can understand why some might not feel the most comfortable, but if you're worried about this, specify a location other than your own.

I will say this though.. it's moderately annoying if someone picks out a larger city/metro area, since this could "lead on" users who actually live there. It's even worse if someone picks out a country not his own, or a region that's too far off, since that can make it more difficult to talk about advice regarding things like local restaurant chains (America has a lot of regional fast food chains, for example), or of course, heavy cream v. double cream.

If someone wants to be less specific but still want to give a good general idea of location, a good choice is to specify the largest city in their metro area. For example, I don't actually live in Dallas, TX the city proper, but I live in a nearby suburb and I can commute to anywhere in DFW and can conceivably meet anyone there easily within a relatively short drive.

If you don't wish to be that specific, I'd probably recommend picking out a random small town within your state or province; the kind of place that's kind of hard to get to (far from any major highway), and the smaller the town, the better. This would eliminate most of the problems I mentioned. There's still some risk of "leading on" but it's far less likely.
1 year

ILuvChubbyChix:
I think it's great!

It also doesn't really change much, since you can search for profiles and there's an option to limit to a certain given radius.

I can understand why some might not feel the most comfortable, but if you're worried about this, specify a location other than your own.

I will say this though.. it's moderately annoying if someone picks out a larger city/metro area, since this could "lead on" users who actually live there. It's even worse if someone picks out a country not his own, or a region that's too far off, since that can make it more difficult to talk about advice regarding things like local restaurant chains (America has a lot of regional fast food chains, for example), or of course, heavy cream v. double cream.

If someone wants to be less specific but still want to give a good general idea of location, a good choice is to specify the largest city in their metro area. For example, I don't actually live in Dallas, TX the city proper, but I live in a nearby suburb and I can commute to anywhere in DFW and can conceivably meet anyone there easily within a relatively short drive.

If you don't wish to be that specific, I'd probably recommend picking out a random small town within your state or province; the kind of place that's kind of hard to get to (far from any major highway), and the smaller the town, the better. This would eliminate most of the problems I mentioned. There's still some risk of "leading on" but it's far less likely.

As a stalking victim, I understand where you are coming from, but no. I've been stalked twice. I am not keen on a third time.
1 year