Lifestyle tips

Recommendations for gaming chairs?

As of this morning I weigh 130 kg. I now outweigh the max load of my previous chair by 10 kg. It has been filled with clothing for the past few months and I now use an old dining room chair. I think it’s time to invest some money to buy a new chair. I’ve seen some good chairs online with a max load of 150-180kg but I’m torn. My previous 120kg chair was giving up on me when I weighed 113kg. I don’t have the money for me to spend 400-500 euros on a new gaming chair that will break when I am closing in on 140kg. Do any of you have experience with a certain brand or specific chair that you can recommend? Is it safe to go for a 150kg chair or should I get the 180kg chair knowing I most likely will get close to the 150kg in the future?
1 year

I would recommend against the idea of a gaming chair and just get yourself a nice sturdy office chair, it will last longer and will be better ergonomically. I found gaming chairs to be flimsy and gimmicky, personally. And more support the better.
1 year

Speaking of I’m about due for a new one as we speak my butt and sides touch the armrests 😳 I’ll ask my boss about sending me a new chair, and I’ll link some details on what I’m getting, if you’re interested.
1 year

Morbidly A Beast:
I would recommend against the idea of a gaming chair and just get yourself a nice sturdy office chair, it will last longer and will be better ergonomically. I found gaming chairs to be flimsy and gimmicky, personally. And more support the better.

That was a thought of mine too. You would think gaming chairs would be well build and all, but it surprised me. Couldn’t sit on it for very long before my ass would begin to hurt, the anti rocking mechanism broke first month, hydraulics keeping the chair up didn’t last nearly till the advertised weight limit. The chair itself was sturdy, everything else about it wasn’t.
1 year

I used to spend way too many hours playing MMOs and would get muscle pain and cramps from the thin foam on office chairs completely compressing from my weight, effectively leaving me sitting on a wooden board for hours.

My solution was to go the "nuclear option" and buy a single seat lounge chair, full height back with pillow arms for maximum comfort, and importantly non-reclining so it had a wooden frame underneath. Then I bought some industrial strength swivel plate castors from the hardware store and screwed them straight in to the bottom of the chair.

The result was the most comfortable gaming chair ever 😁
1 year

FattMatt:
As of this morning I weigh 130 kg. I now outweigh the max load of my previous chair by 10 kg. It has been filled with clothing for the past few months and I now use an old dining room chair. I think it’s time to invest some money to buy a new chair. I’ve seen some good chairs online with a max load of 150-180kg but I’m torn. My previous 120kg chair was giving up on me when I weighed 113kg. I don’t have the money for me to spend 400-500 euros on a new gaming chair that will break when I am closing in on 140kg. Do any of you have experience with a certain brand or specific chair that you can recommend? Is it safe to go for a 150kg chair or should I get the 180kg chair knowing I most likely will get close to the 150kg in the future?

Check craigslist (or whatever your local equivalent is if you do not have this where you live), and look for one of those really comfy plush recliners like old people get, they're designed to hold a ton, are super comfy, and you can often find ugly ones for very cheap and then just put a slipcover over it or something
1 year

RemorselessEatingMachine:
I used to spend way too many hours playing MMOs and would get muscle pain and cramps from the thin foam on office chairs completely compressing from my weight, effectively leaving me sitting on a wooden board for hours.

My solution was to go the "nuclear option" and buy a single seat lounge chair, full height back with pillow arms for maximum comfort, and importantly non-reclining so it had a wooden frame underneath. Then I bought some industrial strength swivel plate castors from the hardware store and screwed them straight in to the bottom of the chair.

The result was the most comfortable gaming chair ever 😁

Doesn’t sound very Ergonomic but cozy for chillin smiley
1 year

Yeah office chairs are definitely the better option as they are actually built for comfort.

My ex was 170kg and got this chair which was so comfortable. www.chairoffice.co.uk/ergo-adjust-high-back-office-chair/

Don’t just look at the weight limit as you want to make sure the seat is wide enough and has adjustable or wider arm rests too
1 year

Got myself a Secretlabs Titan Evo XL in cloth a while ago after trying several chairs. It is firm and finally I can spend the whole day, days in a row, without any discomfort anywhere smiley
1 year